Mammillaria Society Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mammillaria Society Forum

Discussion Forum about Mammillaria, Coryphantha and Escobaria

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mammillaria spec. Cuencamè- Durango

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Mammillaria spec. Cuencamè- Durango Empty
PostSubject: Mammillaria spec. Cuencamè- Durango   Mammillaria spec. Cuencamè- Durango Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 7:02 pm

Mammillaria spec. Cuencamè- Durango 6iy812
Back to top Go down
Chris43
Chris43

Number of posts : 1872
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Mammillaria spec. Cuencamè- Durango   Mammillaria spec. Cuencamè- Durango Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 7:51 pm

That's a nicely spined plant, Sonje.
Both gasseriana and stella-de-tacubaya are reported from Cuencame, and there has been much confusion over the name. Whatever the correct name for this plant, it's lovely. It hasn't developed any central spines yet, maybe as it ages it might - but then these are quite variable.

ChrisDavies

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Mammillaria spec. Cuencamè- Durango   Mammillaria spec. Cuencamè- Durango Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 7:57 pm

Were the hell did you find this Sonja? I heard from Chris that he have bought a big guerreronis, that was the second one that I haven't seen. I must be overlooked a lot of plants. Next year more time in the sales area instead of the bar ( I do promisse this every year).

I agree with Chris, much confusion but I think this is a central spineless stella-de tacubaya.

PostSubject: Re: Mammillaria spec. Cuencamè- Durango   Mammillaria spec. Cuencamè- Durango Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 9:00 pm

I bought this one from Wiebe Bosma, it was a bargain. He sold Stella-de-Tacubaya too, but they were already gone when I went there.
What is so special about guerreronis? I sowed these, but don't know if I have any left.
Back to top Go down
ChrisDavies

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Mammillaria spec. Cuencamè- Durango   Mammillaria spec. Cuencamè- Durango Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 9:17 pm

I got two Mammillaria schwarzii from Wiebe. Do you have his email adress? He promised to join our forum.
The specialty of guerreronis is that it is difficult to get and more difficult to get it in flower.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mammillaria spec. Cuencamè- Durango   Mammillaria spec. Cuencamè- Durango Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mammillaria spec. Cuencamè- Durango
Page 1 of 1