Mammillaria Society Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mammillaria Society Forum

Discussion Forum about Mammillaria, Coryphantha and Escobaria

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mammillaria bravoae K 260 (?)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sutkak666

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2024-01-03

Mammillaria bravoae K 260 (?) Empty
PostSubject: Mammillaria bravoae K 260 (?)   Mammillaria bravoae K 260 (?) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2024 9:56 pm

Hi,

I have a Mammillaria, which I bought online several years ago, with the label "bravoae" and a number K 260 on the label, but no other locality information. I am guessing it is a Klein's number, but I have no idea whether it is a field number or some other number. I have tried the Cactus and Succulent Field Number Query, but it cannot find it. I noticed a post (here: https://mammillaria.forumotion.net/t957-klein-field-numbers?highlight=Klein) asking about these K-numbers, but it has not been answered (at least not publicly). Would anyone know where this plant (or its parents) is from and what exactly the K-number is?

Many thanks in advance!

mammillariamaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
mammillariamaniac

mammillariamaniac

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2016-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Mammillaria bravoae K 260 (?)   Mammillaria bravoae K 260 (?) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 09, 2024 8:01 am

Hello,

It could be that it is a Klein Field-Number, in my fieldlist of Heinz-Josef Klein

K 260 is Mammillaria albata var. longispina

but K 259 is Mammillaria bravoae,

maybe something got mixed up, wouldnt be the first time. You might have a picture of your plant? So we can clarify this mystery!

Kind regards Jonathan

sutkak666 likes this post

Back to top Go down
sutkak666

PostSubject: Re: Mammillaria bravoae K 260 (?)   Mammillaria bravoae K 260 (?) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 09, 2024 8:25 pm

Dear Jonathan,

Thank you an awesome lot for your reply, that is very helpful. I took two pictures which I'll try to post (as a newbie to this forum, apologies in advance for any mess this attempt might create).

So these field numbers from Heinz-Josef Klein are some sort of a secret? I looked all over the internet for them (in German, English, and Italian) and found nothing...

If you or someone else knows whether it can be obtained somewhere, please let me know, as I have a few others with this number (I managed to find in Mtbl. AƒM 42(4)2018 that candida K 286 that I have is from Ramos Arizpe, Coah.)

Mammillaria bravoae K 260 (?) Mammil11

Mammillaria bravoae K 260 (?) Mammil10

Many thanks again!

PVV1962 likes this post

Back to top Go down
delandmo

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Mammillaria bravoae K 260 (?)   Mammillaria bravoae K 260 (?) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2024 7:02 pm

Hi, definitely more like m. albata longispina, looking a lot like m.geminispina sub. leucocentra it's referred to. Whereas, m. bravoae is referred to m. hahniana, which funnily some people refer m. albata to. Looks like labels were mixed up.

sutkak666 likes this post

Back to top Go down
sutkak666

PostSubject: Re: Mammillaria bravoae K 260 (?)   Mammillaria bravoae K 260 (?) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 14, 2024 11:54 pm

Dear delandmo,

Thank you very much for replying. Indeed, I have checked Reppenhagen's description of M. albata var. longispina, and it would fit the description. This, along with the answer by Jonatahan, would indicate to me that the K 260 number seems to be correct, but that the name added to it is probably not. Does anyone know the locality of K 260? Reppenhagen in his book lists the locality of M. albata var. longispina as Buenavista/San Rafael, SLP (Die Gattung Mammillaria, 1992, vol. 2, page 557).

Many thanks and kind regards!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mammillaria bravoae K 260 (?)   Mammillaria bravoae K 260 (?) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mammillaria bravoae K 260 (?)
Page 1 of 1