Mammillaria Society Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mammillaria Society Forum

Discussion Forum about Mammillaria, Coryphantha and Escobaria

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

seed of M. eumorpha

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

seed of M. eumorpha Empty
PostSubject: seed of M. eumorpha   seed of M. eumorpha Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 11:00 pm

Hi, I am looking for seeds of M. eumorpha , preferably witch an fieldnumber.
Wich nursery can i find this seed.

Bart seed of M. eumorpha Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: seed of M. eumorpha   seed of M. eumorpha Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 10:37 am

Hi Bart,

I to have been looking for this plant for a number of years and the only place I have seen M.eumorpha Rep 2264 for sale was on the Reppenhagen nursery web-site www.kakteenreppenhagagen.cjb.net . I just had a look on the site and they are still showing the 2007 list. I have tried contacting them in the pass by post and e-mail and had no reply.
I imagine the only place you will find it is in private collection of one of the big German collectors like Plien or Rogozinski.

Hope this helps and have a good xmas, Tam
Back to top Go down
andrejpr
special poster
special poster
andrejpr

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: seed of M. eumorpha   seed of M. eumorpha Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 10:12 pm

Hallo Bart! Ich kann welche Pflanzen oder Sammen M. eumorfa besorgen.

LG Andrej
Back to top Go down
ento

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2009-12-26

PostSubject: Re: seed of M. eumorpha   seed of M. eumorpha Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 9:04 pm

In 2005 I have bought the seeds of m. emorpha Repp 2264 from list Piltz.
Flowering in March 2009

seed of M. eumorpha 2z68p60
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: seed of M. eumorpha   seed of M. eumorpha Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 11:40 am

I have been able to find on new the Jara Dohanlik seed list: Repp 2264 but the name given is M.roseoalba v.albispina not M.eumorpha. Worth a try though.
Back to top Go down
Chris43
Chris43

Number of posts : 1872
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: seed of M. eumorpha   seed of M. eumorpha Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 2:59 pm

The description of M. eumorpha calls for a plant from Villa de Reyes, San Luis Potosi, which is a long way over the mountains from Tamaulipas - see Wolter ten Hoeve's posting on the M. roseoalba thread. So I doubt if M. eumorpha has anything to do with M. roseoalba at all. In the description of M. eumorpha in the AfM Journal (3: 2008) the suggestion is made that it belongs close to M. gigantea or M.saint-pieana.

I have a couple of M. eumorpha plants, fairly young which I've had for just a year, of Rep 2264, but they haven't flowered yet. They seem to be busy building up the woolly axils at the moment.

They are similar to Ento's plant certainly, though the description says that the stigma and style are yellow, whereas the photo makes them look pink. This appears to be OK, though as the photo below is taken from the AfM article of 2008 where they also look pink. So I think we're talking about the same plant!!

seed of M. eumorpha Eumorp10

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: seed of M. eumorpha   seed of M. eumorpha Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

seed of M. eumorpha
Page 1 of 1