Mammillaria Society Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mammillaria Society Forum

Discussion Forum about Mammillaria, Coryphantha and Escobaria

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Need help in id of this Mammillaria Thank you

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Need help in id of this Mammillaria  Thank you  Empty
PostSubject: Need help in id of this Mammillaria Thank you    Need help in id of this Mammillaria  Thank you  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2019 3:59 am

Need help in id of this Mammillaria  Thank you  P111
Need help in id of this Mammillaria  Thank you  P211
Need help in id of this Mammillaria  Thank you  P311
I grown this plant from seed and it did not mach any of the seed on the list that i ordered
Back to top Go down
Chris43
Chris43

Number of posts : 1872
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Need help in id of this Mammillaria Thank you    Need help in id of this Mammillaria  Thank you  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2019 11:33 am

Hi Arthur,

Interesting couple of white flowered Mamms! I think Maurillio is right about the other one being rekoi aureispina, but this one I don't have an immediate answer. The shape of the plant and the spines look as though it might be M. spinosissima, but I'm not aware of a white flowered clone. There are some related species that do have white flowered forms, such as M. duoformis but this one is more of a mystery.
Sorry not to help more, hopefully some other members might know it.

PostSubject: Re: Need help in id of this Mammillaria Thank you    Need help in id of this Mammillaria  Thank you  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2019 12:21 pm

Thank you for your efforts i did have it labelled as Mammillaria alblanata ssp tegelbergiana as you would know it should have a red flower.
I am happy that i am not the only one who is lost for an id on this one.
Once again thank you Chris much appreciated
Regards Arthur
Back to top Go down
delandmo

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Need help in id of this Mammillaria Thank you    Need help in id of this Mammillaria  Thank you  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2019 12:33 pm

I too, at first glance thought it had the overall appearance of m. spinosissima . There is indeed a white flowered type listed in John Pilbeam's book " Mammillaria " page 317 fig.422. To me though this plant doesn't have the "smooth" look that I associate with this species. On closer inspection, especially photo 3,
with the woolly growth at the base of the spines and the longer centrals, maybe there's an outside chance it might be a form of m. karwinskiana. Possibly, m. nejapensis.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need help in id of this Mammillaria Thank you    Need help in id of this Mammillaria  Thank you  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2019 2:18 am

I think in time it will revel it,s identity as the plant matures but once again thank you for your time, i love a mystery.
Cheers Arthur
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help in id of this Mammillaria Thank you    Need help in id of this Mammillaria  Thank you  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need help in id of this Mammillaria Thank you
Page 1 of 1