Mammillaria Society Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mammillaria Society Forum

Discussion Forum about Mammillaria, Coryphantha and Escobaria

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

new (?) member

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
woltertenhoeve

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-10-01

new (?) member Empty
PostSubject: new (?) member   new (?) member Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 5:46 pm

Hi everybody

I have been a member since a few months, but I had not yet introduced myself. My name is Wolter ten Hoeve, I am 58 years old/young and I live in Assen, a town in The Netherlands. I have collected cacti for 35 years and Mammillarias were there from the start. Currently, I own two greenhouses (27 sq meters in total) which are so much overloaded that I need to build a third greenhouse. Most of my collection consists of Mammillarias. I do not know how many, but there are a lot of them, and almost all of them I have grown from seed.
By profession, I am a synthetic organic chemist, employed by a company which does contract research for other, mainly pharmaceutical companies.
I have visited Mexico 11 times, 9 of those visits were entirely devoted to cactus trips. It is a great joy to be able to observe plants in habitat!

Best wishes,

Wolter.

new (?) member Gruson13
Back to top Go down

new (?) member Empty
PostSubject: Re: new (?) member   new (?) member Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 7:02 pm

Wolter,
it is good to know something about you new (?) member Icon_smile . Could you show us some pictures of your cacti collection?

Leszek
Back to top Go down
Chris43
Chris43

Number of posts : 1872
Registration date : 2008-07-16

new (?) member Empty
PostSubject: Re: new (?) member   new (?) member Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 11:41 am

Welcome Wolter.
You have made many visits to Mexico, and I know from your articles in AfM and Mammillaria Journal that you have really studied many plants in habitat. Your expertise will be highly valued here, I am sure.

woltertenhoeve

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-10-01

new (?) member Empty
PostSubject: Re: new (?) member   new (?) member Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 9:05 pm

Hi Leszek,

All I have at the moment is a photo of my greenhouses (photo from 2005). Most of my cacti have now been put together in the middle section of my greenhouses, under bubble plastic, in such a way that I have created a greenhouse in a greenhouse. Here the temperature is kept at a minimum of 0 degrees C. The exceptions are some Echinocerei and my Pediocacti which are in the unheated part of the greenhouses. Mammillarias which have trouble with such low temperatures have been brought inside my house.

new (?) member Img_0210

Wolter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

new (?) member Empty
PostSubject: Re: new (?) member   new (?) member Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new (?) member
Page 1 of 1