Mammillaria Society Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mammillaria Society Forum

Discussion Forum about Mammillaria, Coryphantha and Escobaria

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Using the Forum's own image hosting service

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris43
Chris43

Number of posts : 1872
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Using the Forum's own image hosting service Empty
PostSubject: Using the Forum's own image hosting service   Using the Forum's own image hosting service Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 2:06 pm

When you are in the screen to post a new message, you can include an image link as described in Hugo's previous posting. But if you don't have your own hosting site., or don't want to learn how to set one up, then the Forum has one that you can use. Here is how...

1. In the "Post a new topic" screen, there are lots of icons just above the box in which you type.
    There is one, its the 10th in from the right, and when you put your cursor over it, it says "Host an Image".
  2. If you click on this, you get a pop up window that lets you browse to a picture on your computer that you want to show here.
  3. When you've found your picture on your computer, click on the "Open" button, and the file will show in the popup window, and then click "Send All".
  4. You'll see the window change to display three items, with icons, the first is View Image, the second is Insert Image, and the third is named Insert Thumbnail.
  5. The easiest one to use is the middle line, Insert Image. And that's it.
  6. To make the popup box vanish,j ust click on the first icon you clocked, the Host Image one.
  7. And that's it.

It's what I have just used for a post of Mammillaria beneckei in Photos of Mammillarias section, so I know it works. You then get an email from the hosting service telling you how to logon to the account that has been created automatically for you as a result of using this approach. You can there add more images etc.

Let me know if you have any problems...I'll try to sort them out for you.

Last edited by Chris43 on Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.woodedge.me.uk/index.html
ChrisDavies

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Using the Forum's own image hosting service   Using the Forum's own image hosting service Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 2:38 pm

If I may add something, Chris.
On the pop up window is a line for measurement of your picture. Set this measuremunt on 640px widt. Otherwise if your picture is to large, people have to scroll from left to right and you are using valuable hosting space.

PostSubject: Re: Using the Forum's own image hosting service   Using the Forum's own image hosting service Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 4:16 am

Using the Forum's own image hosting service 100_0113
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Using the Forum's own image hosting service   Using the Forum's own image hosting service Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 9:30 pm

Ok I'm going to try and master this uploading of an image. I won't let a wretched machine get the better of me Mad (she said.....)
Problem is, I read the instructions, understand, (I think!) but when I go to do it I've forgotten exactly what I am supposed to do........... study One of the few times that I feel my age farao

FAILED AGAIN!!!

Using the Forum's own image hosting service Jade_p11

[b]Y-E-E-E-E-E-E-S-S-S-S- cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Using the Forum's own image hosting service   Using the Forum's own image hosting service Icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 6:57 am

Hi, I am sorry to bring this up again but I am having trouble making this work, I do everything suggested but when I right click on the mouse nothing happens. Any suggestions?
I have no trouble uploading photos into my gallery, is there anyway to move photos from my gallery to a post I make? 

Thanks
Taygus
Back to top Go down
Chris43
Chris43

PostSubject: Re: Using the Forum's own image hosting service   Using the Forum's own image hosting service Icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 7:52 am

Hi,
Sorry that this is once again causing difficulties.

Could you say exactly where in the process your right click brings up nothing?

If all else fails, you can use a link to your own gallery image, but there is no way of copying all.

PostSubject: Re: Using the Forum's own image hosting service   Using the Forum's own image hosting service Icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 8:08 am

Hi Chris,

everything seems to work up until I try to paste, after I press upload it goes back to the option of browse so I move the mouse over were the post will be & click the right button, the upload screen disappears & nothing comes up on my post. I have done the same thing & then clicked on the little icon so the upload screen goes away first & then clicked the righthand button on mouse like explained & still nothing happens.
Sorry to bother you with this, I am pretty useless when it come to computers.

Thanks again
Taygus
Back to top Go down
Chris43
Chris43

PostSubject: Re: Using the Forum's own image hosting service   Using the Forum's own image hosting service Icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 9:24 am

OK, so you've clicked on the host an image button, browsed to select your file and clicked on the upload button on the dialogue pop-up. The next thing you should see is the pop-up with three different link options. Do you get this far? It could take a little while, depending on file size and speed of internet connection, though being in Oz, I wouldn't expect that to be a real problem.

PostSubject: Re: Using the Forum's own image hosting service   Using the Forum's own image hosting service Icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 10:45 am

Yes, I got that far & then clicked on copy on the image one as described then clicked upload & then right clicked my mouse on on my post & nothing happens. Have I missed doing anything?

Cheers
Taygus
Back to top Go down
Chris43
Chris43

PostSubject: Re: Using the Forum's own image hosting service   Using the Forum's own image hosting service Icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 4:06 pm

If you at using Internet Explorer as your browser you shouldn't need to right click. Click the copy button for the middle choice of 3, and then go to your message, and use right click to paste into your message. I think you are doing on more step than is needed, and that might clear the copied link.
Let me know if I can help more.

PostSubject: Re: Using the Forum's own image hosting service   Using the Forum's own image hosting service Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 1:01 am

Thank you for your patience Chris,

You were right I was pressing the upload button after the copy button, this was one more step than needed. I found it worked for me when I clicked on copy ( the image one) & then dragged it across to my message, if I press copy & then right clicked it still did not work but dragging it does so I am happy:cheers:.
Thank you again for your help, now you may regret it as I will be posting photos all the time:P .

Cheers
Taygus
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Using the Forum's own image hosting service   Using the Forum's own image hosting service Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Using the Forum's own image hosting service
Page 1 of 1