Mammillaria Society Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mammillaria Society Forum

Discussion Forum about Mammillaria, Coryphantha and Escobaria

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mammillaria odenhalii

Go down 
AuthorMessage
maurillio

Number of posts : 2986
Registration date : 2009-12-20

Mammillaria odenhalii Empty
PostSubject: Mammillaria odenhalii   Mammillaria odenhalii Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 6:35 pm

In this Forum......
I got this seed from an Australian seller, and he told me that he had been sent it by a Czech enthusiast, but he said he couldn;t remember who. 'Surprised'
I researched the name a bit, and discovered that the plant was found by J. Halda at a height of 1400m, near San Juan del Mimbre, in Nuevo Leon. It has the collection number of JJH 850488.

The plant below is now just 2 years old from sowing, and to me it looks as though it ought to be a form of Mammillaria pilispina. This is possible based on where the plant comes from, or maybe it is the form known as M. rayonensis. What do others think?

I think that there are some differences, at this age, the plant has from one to three central spines that are a little bit darker than the description of M. pilipsina suggests. The radial spines are flimsy, but not as hair-like as my M. pilispina SB822. However they are nowhere near as strong as the radial spines of any of my plants of Mammillaria picta, which is probably M. pilispina's closest relative.

Chris Davies

Mammillaria odenhalii JJH 850488
JJH 850488 - San Juan del Mimbre, 1400m -  Nuevo Leon - Mexico
From Chris Davies collection - Amersham - U.K.

Mammillaria odenhalii Pilisp10

Mammillaria odenhalii Ojj10

Last edited by maurillio on Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:22 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
maurillio

Number of posts : 2986
Registration date : 2009-12-20

Mammillaria odenhalii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mammillaria odenhalii   Mammillaria odenhalii Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 6:37 pm

Mammillaria odenhalii CH 190
CH 190 - Aramberri, Nuevo Lón, Mexicó
From "Ento" Ennio Toso collection - Savona

Mammillaria odenhalii Odehna10
Back to top Go down

Mammillaria odenhalii
Page 1 of 1