Mammillaria Society Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mammillaria Society Forum

Discussion Forum about Mammillaria, Coryphantha and Escobaria

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

first attempt with photos

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

first attempt with photos Empty
PostSubject: first attempt with photos   first attempt with photos Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2015 8:28 pm

Hi, I'll try to upload some photos of mammillarias for identification.
The photos were taken with the phone because it's what I had on hand, even so I hope you will look nice for identification, hereinafter referred to do with my camera.
Thanks in advance for your time ...
A greeting.
1. first attempt with photos Img_2010

2. first attempt with photos Img_2011

3. first attempt with photos Img_2012

4.first attempt with photos Img_2013

5. first attempt with photos Img_2014

6. first attempt with photos Img_2015

7. first attempt with photos Img_2016

8. first attempt with photos Img_2017

9. first attempt with photos Img_2018

10. Is this a mammillaria?
first attempt with photos Img_2019
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: first attempt with photos   first attempt with photos Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2015 7:27 am

1.Mam.matudae
2.Mam.mazatlanensis (gueldemanniana)
3.Mam.rhodantha-pringlei
4.hyderi-complex (freudenbergeri?)
5.mistax-group (multiseta?)
6.Mam.apolozensis v.saltensis
7.Mam.elegans
8.Mam.formosa
9.Mam.brauneana (Cerritos plant)
10. Thelocactus setispina
Back to top Go down
Chris43
Chris43

Number of posts : 1872
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: first attempt with photos   first attempt with photos Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2015 11:08 am

Hi,
I've tidied up your posting of images. I think you used the wrong button to copy the link to insert, so check again the guidance in the How to section. You're pretty close though, so well done, it is my least favourite part of the forum structure, but we're stuck with it.

I think Walter has the identification pretty well sorted, though being a bit more conservative on names, I would ignore gueldermanniana for #2, as this was a name used for a form of M. sheldonii. #5 is one of the transitional forms between mystax and carnea that you find in southern Puebla, and naming is difficult. I would call #7 M. haageana, as the form known as elegans is not distinctly separated from other forms of M. haageana. I would call #8 and #9 both M. formosa, just different forms.

Naming isn't something I get concerned about, once you know that a and b are related, it doesn't really matter if someone calls them both a or both b or a and b.

PostSubject: Re: first attempt with photos   first attempt with photos Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2015 7:30 pm

hello
Walter, thank you very much for your time and your identifications, and you Chris thanks for these signs that you do (the I will consider).
Regarding the posting of pictures, I do not know where the error is; although I read the guide I think I stuck the translation, sorry, I keep trying to see if I can do it properly.
Thank you very much again and greetings.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: first attempt with photos   first attempt with photos Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 8:54 am

Hi Chris, I'm here again.
I've been perusing the section Using the Forum's own image hosting service and I hope I did okay now.
Already take the opportunity to send some more pictures of mammillarias to identify.
Thanks for your understanding.
A greeting.
first attempt with photos Img_2027
first attempt with photos P4190010
first attempt with photos P4190011
first attempt with photos P4190012
first attempt with photos P4190013
first attempt with photos P4190014
Back to top Go down
Chris43
Chris43

Number of posts : 1872
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: first attempt with photos   first attempt with photos Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 9:49 am

That's good, Masca.
I'll have a go at the plants, and hopefully Walter or others will correct my mistakes.
1. karwinskiana, maybe beiselii
2. magallani?
3. if the flowers turn out to be red, then maybe M. lauii, though there are many hybrids between M. lauii and M. carmenae, and the spine cluster look more like carmenae, so probably a hybrid form.
4. can't see clearly what the central spine is, so possibly schwarzii or even scheinvariana. It'd be good to see the flowers open as well.
5. marcosii
6. ?? a form of sonorensis perhaps ??

PostSubject: Re: first attempt with photos   first attempt with photos Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 11:06 am

Ok Chris.
Thank you very much for your time and for responding so quickly.
Wait to open those flowers for upload and meanwhile to see if anyone else is encouraged to give their opinion.
I'm Taking advantage of your patience. Embarassed
This is a mammillaria?
first attempt with photos P4190015

A greeting.
Back to top Go down
delandmo

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-06-05

PostSubject: Re: first attempt with photos   first attempt with photos Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2015 12:39 am

Hi,
I'm thinking that 2 maybe candida and 4 glassii subsp. ascensionis.
Your new photo is a form of supertextaI believe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: first attempt with photos   first attempt with photos Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2015 5:07 pm

Ok delandmo . Thanks for your insights .
A greeting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: first attempt with photos   first attempt with photos Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

first attempt with photos
Page 1 of 1