Mammillaria Society Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mammillaria Society Forum

Discussion Forum about Mammillaria, Coryphantha and Escobaria

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Identification

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Identification Empty
PostSubject: Identification   Identification Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 1:55 pm

Hello, everyone!
Some time ago I bought a notocactus ottonis at a garden shop - and there was another cactus in the same pot. I wondered what it was - am still in deep doubt: whether it is a mammillaria/dolichothele (approximate name, maybe) or a coryphantha after all?
Sorry for the appearance - the plant must have gone through some transport inconveniences, I'm afraid.
Some centrals have curved tips - I couldn't take decent pics of them.

Identification Mammil15

Thanks for any ideas!
Back to top Go down

Identification Empty
PostSubject: Re: Identification   Identification Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 9:00 pm

Good evening and Merry christmas. [strike]Maybe a juvenile Hamatocactus hamatacanthus ?[strike]
Misidentification, sorry. Merry Christmas anyway
Back to top Go down

Identification Empty
PostSubject: Re: Identification   Identification Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 4:31 pm

kissifrot wrote:
Good evening and Merry christmas. [strike]Maybe a juvenile Hamatocactus hamatacanthus ?[strike]
Misidentification, sorry. Merry Christmas anyway

Well, no sorries - I had the same idea for some moments as well. (It looks like an ancient chimera: resembling different species put together in one plant.) Late merry Xmas to you!
Back to top Go down
Chris43
Chris43

Number of posts : 1872
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Identification Empty
PostSubject: Re: Identification   Identification Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 5:41 pm

I can't immediately place it, but also I can't see that it has axils at the bottom of each tubercle? The one that I thought could be an axil, is, I think a damage scar. Its very young, so maybe needs to grow a bit more before we can help much more.

Identification Empty
PostSubject: Re: Identification   Identification Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 6:54 pm

All right. I'll let it grow and see if it gets any new features to make identification easier next time! Maybe next summer's growth will help!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Identification Empty
PostSubject: Re: Identification   Identification Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Identification
Page 1 of 1