Mammillaria Society Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mammillaria Society Forum

Discussion Forum about Mammillaria, Coryphantha and Escobaria

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The first "help" for identification

Go down 
AuthorMessage

The first "help" for identification Empty
PostSubject: The first "help" for identification   The first "help" for identification Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 8:38 am

Hi! Here, two of my Mammillaria,...could you help me to identify them?
The others...I'll show you when I'll learn to host more than one pic.
Many thanks in advance!
Luciano

The first "help" for identification <a href=The first "help" for identification Mammil24" />

The first "help" for identification Mammil30
Back to top Go down
Chris43
Chris43

Number of posts : 1872
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: The first "help" for identification   The first "help" for identification Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 12:30 pm

Luciano,
Your photo is too small to see properly. Looking at what you put into your message, it seems that half of what should have been copied is missing. Can you try again, and if still having problems, pm me, and I'll help you through the process.

PostSubject: Re: The first "help" for identification   The first "help" for identification Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 12:57 pm

Ok, thank you, I'll try again..., some problems in hosting pics..

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The first "help" for identification   The first "help" for identification Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 1:02 pm

The first "help" for identification Mammil30
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The first "help" for identification   The first "help" for identification Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 1:05 pm

Sorry, there is something wrong I do during the hosting procedure.
Excuse me.
L
Back to top Go down
Chris43
Chris43

PostSubject: Re: The first "help" for identification   The first "help" for identification Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 1:23 pm

You are uploading your picture successfully. You should then see a pop-up window with three lines. You need to copy the text in the middle one into your message.

I have edited what you did put in, as you can see. In your first message, click on Edit and you will see the text inserted. All I did was to remove some of the stuff at the front and at the end.

The three plants to the centre and left look like M. spinosissima to me, but I can't see the old one with the withered base very well.

PostSubject: Re: The first "help" for identification   The first "help" for identification Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 1:32 pm

Ok, thank you Chris, as for the technical help as for the identification; I'll try to take another picture of the older plant on the right.
L
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The first "help" for identification   The first "help" for identification Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 2:00 pm

What can I do when the window of serving.com starts spamming? It makes impossible pics hosting.
I'll try later..
Thanks again.

Luciano
Back to top Go down
Chris43
Chris43

PostSubject: Re: The first "help" for identification   The first "help" for identification Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 5:11 pm

Luc71 wrote:
What can I do when the window of serving.com starts spamming? It makes impossible pics hosting.

Luciano, not sure what you mean - I've never had spam from servimg. Can you pm me with more information?

PostSubject: Re: The first "help" for identification   The first "help" for identification Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 7:44 am

Hi, Chris! Sure, I'll try to better explain in a pm.
Here the same Mammillaria of the previous pic but in a better pose and blooming. I hope this can help the identification.

The first "help" for identification Mammil34
Back to top Go down
Chris43
Chris43

PostSubject: Re: The first "help" for identification   The first "help" for identification Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 10:54 am

I think it is a Mammillaria magnimamma. If it were mine, I would cut off the green head, let it dry for a week or so, and then try to re-root in dry compost. Then it will look like it really should. It has obviously been allowed to grow in poor light, so it has elongated, and the lower part has dried up. It'll live as it is, as enough goodness is getting to the top, it just won't look "nice".

PostSubject: Re: The first "help" for identification   The first "help" for identification Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 1:47 pm

Great suggestion, Chris..!
I'll try!
may I carry on with other Mammillaria?
Thanks!
L

The first "help" for identification Mammil36

The first "help" for identification Mammil37

The first "help" for identification Mammil38
Back to top Go down
Chris43
Chris43

PostSubject: Re: The first "help" for identification   The first "help" for identification Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 4:52 pm

#1 is not a Mamm, it is an Epithelantha micromeris.
#2 is M. spinosissima, I think.
#2 is another form of M. magnimamma, I believe.

PostSubject: Re: The first "help" for identification   The first "help" for identification Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 8:05 am

Oh, so I discovered another genus!
Thank you!
L
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The first "help" for identification   The first "help" for identification Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The first "help" for identification
Page 1 of 1