Mammillaria Society Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mammillaria Society Forum

Discussion Forum about Mammillaria, Coryphantha and Escobaria

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New member and 4 new plants

Go down 
AuthorMessage

New member and 4 new plants Empty
PostSubject: New member and 4 new plants   New member and 4 new plants Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 9:10 am

Dear Mammillaria enthusiasts

I am new to this forum and have loved cacti since my childhood. However, towards Mammillarias I never felt any strong attraction until recently. When I detected a few very nicely thorned and shaped nameless species in one of these supermarket bowls I had pity with these nice guys. But, of course, I would like to find out their real names, origin, vegetation rules etc. Here we go, maybe you can help me (two pictures per plant, totally 4 plants):

New member and 4 new plants 120325073

New member and 4 new plants 120325065

New member and 4 new plants 120325075

New member and 4 new plants 120325064

New member and 4 new plants 120325072

New member and 4 new plants 120325066

New member and 4 new plants 120325074

New member and 4 new plants 120325068

Thank you very much for your help!

Stephan from Switzerland
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New member and 4 new plants   New member and 4 new plants Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 9:30 am

The first (two) pictures are that of M. microhelia and the last (two) pictures are that of M. columbiana.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New member and 4 new plants   New member and 4 new plants Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 11:00 am

Thanks a lot Amante.

Could the whilte spined (plant no. 2) be Mammillaria albilanata and the 3rd plant be a dark form of Mammillaria columbiana?

Thanks a lot.

Stephan
Back to top Go down
Chris43
Chris43

Number of posts : 1872
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: New member and 4 new plants   New member and 4 new plants Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 1:21 pm

I am sure Amante is right on Nos 1 and 4.
No 2 should have central spines if it is albilanata. I can't see clearly enough. It certainly is from the Supertextae series.
And yes, your suggestion of a darker spined columbiana could very wel be right.

PostSubject: Re: New member and 4 new plants   New member and 4 new plants Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 2:04 pm

Thanks a lot, Chris. Well, no. 2 actually has one central spine, quite the length of the secondary spines, but slightly thicker with a brown tip. Then it is albilanata, right?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New member and 4 new plants   New member and 4 new plants Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New member and 4 new plants
Page 1 of 1