Mammillaria Society Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mammillaria Society Forum

Discussion Forum about Mammillaria, Coryphantha and Escobaria

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rooting offsets of Mammillaria bertholdii

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chris43
Chris43

Number of posts : 1872
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Rooting offsets of Mammillaria  bertholdii Empty
PostSubject: Rooting offsets of Mammillaria bertholdii   Rooting offsets of Mammillaria  bertholdii Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2019 1:11 pm

I have two grafted plants of M. bertholdii which have produced quite a few offsets. I'd like to cut some of these off, and root them down in the Spring. Has anyone had experience of doing this? Is it easy, difficult, fast, slow, impossible??

Rooting offsets of Mammillaria  bertholdii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rooting offsets of Mammillaria bertholdii   Rooting offsets of Mammillaria  bertholdii Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2020 11:12 am

Hi Chris
I have not tried this species but theresae cuttings root very easily for me. I found good rooting with a watering - drying out completely - watering again cycle. Then, not moving them until the following year by which time they have well established strong roots. Moving earlier did not work so well.
Back to top Go down

Rooting offsets of Mammillaria bertholdii
Page 1 of 1