Mammillaria Society Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mammillaria Society Forum

Discussion Forum about Mammillaria, Coryphantha and Escobaria

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MAMILLARIA bERTOLDII

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
tiberiodd

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2019-01-07

MAMILLARIA bERTOLDII Empty
PostSubject: MAMILLARIA bERTOLDII   MAMILLARIA bERTOLDII Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2020 6:47 pm

Hi Gentleman, I found some fresch seeds of mamillaria Bertoldii, now I am organizing for the end of the year to sow them using the "98% sulfuric acid scarification" treatment.
Please I'd like to know if  using the scarification I can  sow the fresch seeds

Thank you in advance for your appreciated support
Back to top Go down
Chris43
Chris43

Number of posts : 1872
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: MAMILLARIA bERTOLDII   MAMILLARIA bERTOLDII Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2020 12:58 pm

I don't know about bertholdii seeds, never been fortunate enough to have any! I have read that sulphuric acid treatent does work with seed like saboe and goldii, but again I've never done this, and of course does the same treatment for one work for another?
Please let us know, it would be extremely helpful to have some first hand experience. I suppose the seed is too scarce to try comparison with "normal" seed sowing..

tiberiodd

PostSubject: Re: MAMILLARIA bERTOLDII   MAMILLARIA bERTOLDII Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2020 6:32 pm

Ok, I bought 15+20 seeds from two different supplier and a mamillaria grower suggested to me to soak the seeds for 7 minutes into sulfuric acid 98%.
It will be my pleasure to report into this forum step by step my results, in the meantime I cross my fingers conscious that it will be a difficult challenge.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MAMILLARIA bERTOLDII   MAMILLARIA bERTOLDII Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 4:15 am

tiberiodd wrote:
Ok, I bought 15+20 seeds from two different supplier and a mamillaria grower suggested to me to soak the seeds for 7 minutes into sulfuric acid 98%.
It will be my pleasure to report into this forum step by step my results, in the meantime I cross my fingers conscious that it will be a difficult challenge.

I look forward to seeing your results. I have 25 bertholdii seeds ready to go in next month. I will also report here my success or failure.
Back to top Go down
tiberiodd

PostSubject: Re: MAMILLARIA bERTOLDII   MAMILLARIA bERTOLDII Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 6:00 pm

MikeInOz wrote:
tiberiodd wrote:

I look forward to seeing your results. I have 25 bertholdii seeds ready to go in next month. I will also report here my success or failure.

Ok, does your seeds are fresch ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MAMILLARIA bERTOLDII   MAMILLARIA bERTOLDII Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2020 3:17 am

tiberiodd wrote:

Ok, does your seeds are fresch ?

I don't know. They must be at least one year?
Back to top Go down
tiberiodd

PostSubject: Re: MAMILLARIA bERTOLDII   MAMILLARIA bERTOLDII Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2020 4:50 pm

It seems that the "Bertoldii" like" Luethii" seeds must be some older for increases their germination, anyway it is my intention of sowing in two times using half seeds at a time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: bertholdii   MAMILLARIA bERTOLDII Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2020 8:31 pm

2y ago was ably to get 10seeds of Bertholdii (Gerardocz), sowed them as usual (baggy method), no scarification or pretreatment; 2seedlings came up, opened the bag rather quick as I was curious to see but also got some fungus. Replanted the two tiny seedlings, let the original pot dry out and started rewatering few weeks later, 3 more seedlings came up. Managed till now to keep them all alive, but they’re quite miniscule, by now barely 2/3 mm big. Struggling how to keap them, don’t now whether I can let them dry out for a longer period or mist/water them more regularly, I opted to let them dry completely before watering them again.
Back to top Go down
tiberiodd

PostSubject: Re: MAMILLARIA bERTOLDII   MAMILLARIA bERTOLDII Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2020 12:04 pm

kovlandu wrote:
2y ago was ably to get 10seeds of Bertholdii (Gerardocz), sowed them as usual (baggy method), no scarification or pretreatment; 2seedlings came up, opened the bag rather quick as I was curious to see but also got some fungus. Replanted the two tiny seedlings, let the original pot dry out and started rewatering few weeks later, 3 more seedlings came up. Managed till now to keep them all alive, but they’re quite miniscule, by now barely 2/3 mm big. Struggling how to keap them, don’t now whether I can let them dry out for a longer period or mist/water them  more regularly, I opted to let them dry completely before watering them again.
I also bought last month 22 seeds from "gerardocz" and 15 from"cactuspointcz" and as I sad I will try both methods: scarification and no scarification.
About dimentions I am prepared becuse of some time I sow also Aizoaceae like "Conophytums" and in this case beleave me they take years to reach some melemeters.
Just for sowing I attach an image of some conophytum seedlings 2 year old
MAMILLARIA bERTOLDII Cono110
MAMILLARIA bERTOLDII Cono110
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MAMILLARIA bERTOLDII   MAMILLARIA bERTOLDII Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2020 2:28 pm

MAMILLARIA bERTOLDII E91b4110MAMILLARIA bERTOLDII E91b4110
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MAMILLARIA bERTOLDII   MAMILLARIA bERTOLDII Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2020 2:29 pm

One of the seedlings, unfortunately upside down and double, last april
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MAMILLARIA bERTOLDII   MAMILLARIA bERTOLDII Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MAMILLARIA bERTOLDII
Page 1 of 1