Mammillaria Society Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mammillaria Society Forum

Discussion Forum about Mammillaria, Coryphantha and Escobaria

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

the smallest blooming body size of m. marksiana

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

the smallest blooming body size of m. marksiana Empty
PostSubject: the smallest blooming body size of m. marksiana   the smallest blooming body size of m. marksiana Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 2:18 pm

Hi to all mammilaria owners and experts!
Could you help with the above interrogated information, please?
I hope someone would record age, size and time of the first blooming of each species owned. So, with the size of 3.5 cm in diameter, how long will it take to see the first blooming in moderate climate of central Russia?
Back to top Go down
delandmo

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-06-05

PostSubject: Re: the smallest blooming body size of m. marksiana   the smallest blooming body size of m. marksiana Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 2:42 pm

Hi Olegg,
From my own experience I have m. marksiana in 5cm(2ins.) pots, which from seed were about 4/5yrs old when they started flowering. The flowers will be yellow and produced here in the UK in early spring. Hope this helps. Derek.
Back to top Go down
Chris43
Chris43

Number of posts : 1872
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: the smallest blooming body size of m. marksiana   the smallest blooming body size of m. marksiana Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 6:58 pm

I have flowered M. sheldonii, M. louisae, and M. thomsonii in their 3rd year (2nd Spring), in 2" pots here in the UK.

PostSubject: Re: the smallest blooming body size of m. marksiana   the smallest blooming body size of m. marksiana Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 8:49 am

Hi Derek,
Thanks for your details; now I see it can take a year or two to expect them blooming.

Hi Chris,
Thanks for your info. Do you mean to say the above mentioned species (M. sheldonii, M. louisae, and M. thomsonii) are similar to m. marksiana in their growing\flowering habits?

Last edited by Olegg on Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chris43
Chris43

Number of posts : 1872
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: the smallest blooming body size of m. marksiana   the smallest blooming body size of m. marksiana Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 6:10 pm

I'm sorry, Olegg, I didn't read your topic closely enough, and thought you were asking about which Mamms could be brought into flower quickly, rather than specifically how long for M. marksiana. I have flowered this at 5 years from seed, so similar to Derek, not too surprising as we are both from the UK.
The plants I mentioned are not from the same Series as M. marksiana, so I don't think you can make any valid comparisons.

PostSubject: Re: the smallest blooming body size of m. marksiana   the smallest blooming body size of m. marksiana Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 8:24 pm

It's all right, Chris. Thanks for the added information - two similar opinions are surely better!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the smallest blooming body size of m. marksiana   the smallest blooming body size of m. marksiana Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the smallest blooming body size of m. marksiana
Page 1 of 1