Mammillaria Society Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mammillaria Society Forum

Discussion Forum about Mammillaria, Coryphantha and Escobaria

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mammillaria carmenae x lauii

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Mammillaria carmenae x lauii Empty
PostSubject: Mammillaria carmenae x lauii   Mammillaria carmenae x lauii Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 5:16 pm

Just a thread to see how many different forms of M.carmenae x lauii hybrids there are.

Mammillaria carmenae x lauii 2sbtpgz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mammillaria carmenae x lauii   Mammillaria carmenae x lauii Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 5:16 pm

Another form with orange spines and soft, pale pink flowers that never open anymore than this due to the tightest of the spines.

Mammillaria carmenae x lauii N17bz8
Back to top Go down
Chris43
Chris43

Number of posts : 1872
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Mammillaria carmenae x lauii   Mammillaria carmenae x lauii Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 5:18 pm

Hi Mark,
I only have one carmenae x lauii - at least that I am aware of. I have a carmenae (no field number) that on its first few flowers of the season shows a little pink in them, but that fades very quickly and all the rest of the flowers that come later are typical yellow of carmenae.

Here's the carmenae x lauii, owing much to lauii in the flowers at least.

Mammillaria carmenae x lauii Carmenaexlauii

I'm sowing seeds of carmenae with field collection numbers, so I hope for some purity in due course!

PostSubject: Re: Mammillaria carmenae x lauii   Mammillaria carmenae x lauii Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 5:18 pm

That's a nice plant Chris. I suspect that a lot of the hybridization that has taken place has been with M.lauii ssp dasyacatha has one of the parents has a lot of them can get quite large, but the orange spined plant coud have M.lauii ssp subducta has one parent. I do have an offset of the orange one and will put it in the package for you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mammillaria carmenae x lauii   Mammillaria carmenae x lauii Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mammillaria carmenae x lauii
Page 1 of 1