Mammillaria Society Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mammillaria Society Forum

Discussion Forum about Mammillaria, Coryphantha and Escobaria

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

M.guerreronis RS 568

Go down 
AuthorMessage

M.guerreronis RS 568 Empty
PostSubject: M.guerreronis RS 568   M.guerreronis RS 568 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 10:30 am

Obtained has seed from the Jara Dohanilk 2008 / winter 11 seedlist was seed of M.guerreronis RS 658, location Chilpanciingo - Iguala, Gro.
The seed was sown 1-4-09 and germinated 8-4-09. Seedling growth was very quick and seedlings were sent to other growers and if I recall a comment was made on this forum.
Having compared this to some other collections of M.guerreronis which I have and know to be the true species I believe RS 658 is infact the plant that Reppenhagen called M.igualensis var palmillensis ( albilanta albilanata, Hunt ) and is possibly near to his collection of Rep 1262.
Checking the RS field list of the Ralph Martin field data base RS 658 is listed has M.sp.
So it is a matter of waiting until the plants flower to see what they look like.
Back to top Go down
Chris43
Chris43

Number of posts : 1872
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: M.guerreronis RS 568   M.guerreronis RS 568 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 6:21 pm

I have this form as well, and it does look rather different from my other guerreronis plants. It's not far away in term sof appearnce, but rather longer straighter and more ordered cenral spines, whereas guerreronis has central spines which are often somewhat unruly.
I used to have ML031, as igualensis v palmillensis, but lost it some years ago. If anyone has a photo of this could they post it here please?

PostSubject: Re: M.guerreronis RS 568   M.guerreronis RS 568 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 3:20 pm

Just to his finnish this tread, below is a picture of one of the seedlings of RS 568 mentioned above. I think it is pretty obvious that this is not M.guerreronis.

M.guerreronis RS 568 B17
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: M.guerreronis RS 568   M.guerreronis RS 568 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

M.guerreronis RS 568
Page 1 of 1