Mammillaria Society Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mammillaria Society Forum

Discussion Forum about Mammillaria, Coryphantha and Escobaria

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

South of Todos Santos

Go down 
AuthorMessage

South of Todos Santos Empty
PostSubject: South of Todos Santos   South of Todos Santos Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 1:38 pm

Hi,

we visited some hills between Todos Santos and Cabo San Lucas close to the sea in february. We found M.schumannii and M.armillata. But there was another mammillaria and I have no idea what it is. I tend to M.verhaertiana but I'm really unshure. Any suggestions ? Thanks for your help South of Todos Santos Icon_biggrin

Robby

South of Todos Santos Baja-116

South of Todos Santos Baja-117

South of Todos Santos Baja-118
Back to top Go down
Chris43
Chris43

Number of posts : 1872
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: South of Todos Santos   South of Todos Santos Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 11:17 am

Hi Robby,
It sounds like you had a great time in Baja. It is one place that is on my list of places to visit, but not this year!
I don't immediately recognise the plant, but suspect that you could be right with M. phitauiana (verhaertiana) thoiugh my plants in culuvation of this species grow rather slimmer. But that could just be the difference in light levels! It's a shame it wasn't in flower, as that could have been the clincher.

PostSubject: Re: South of Todos Santos   South of Todos Santos Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 5:14 pm

Hi Chris,

I see, you had a wonderful trip to mexico too. Wonderful fotos you show us here!

I agree with you, that M.phitauiana should grow rather slimmer. We found some plants in the mountains of the Sierra de la Laguna, which looks more like M.phitauiana (foto).

South of Todos Santos Bja-510

Why are plants in nature always without labels South of Todos Santos Icon_sad

Robby
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: South of Todos Santos   South of Todos Santos Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

South of Todos Santos
Page 1 of 1