Mammillaria Society Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mammillaria Society Forum

Discussion Forum about Mammillaria, Coryphantha and Escobaria

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ID of my Plant No. 00040 ??

Go down 
AuthorMessage

ID of my Plant No. 00040 ?? Empty
PostSubject: ID of my Plant No. 00040 ??   ID of my Plant No. 00040 ?? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 4:03 pm

I've had the folks over at the Cactus & Succulents Yahoo Group working on this one, but we all have to date is really that this is NOT a "Mammillaria hahniana cv. woodsii" as I had thought -- no downiness in evidence.

I haven't yet figured out how to include images in post here in this forum. I think I can manage to include a couple of links to pics over on my Flickr pages.

00040 -- Full View

00040 -- closeup

Tnx! Jim
Back to top Go down
andrejpr
special poster
special poster
andrejpr

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: ID of my Plant No. 00040 ??   ID of my Plant No. 00040 ?? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 8:48 pm

Hello! Dies is M. elegans
BW Andrej
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ID of my Plant No. 00040 ??   ID of my Plant No. 00040 ?? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 9:31 pm

Hello Andrej!

I am thinking you are correct. I found a photo of a M. elegans on a Japanese collector's site that shows very clearly the same spine types and pattern.

Nice call! cheers

Thanks, Jim
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ID of my Plant No. 00040 ??   ID of my Plant No. 00040 ?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ID of my Plant No. 00040 ??
Page 1 of 1