Mammillaria Society Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mammillaria Society Forum

Discussion Forum about Mammillaria, Coryphantha and Escobaria

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mammillaria Identification

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Mammillaria Identification Empty
PostSubject: Mammillaria Identification   Mammillaria Identification Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 9:05 pm

Hello, I have recently bought a Mammillaria.
I think its a Mammillaria aff. halbingeribut i am not 100%sure if at all correct.
Here is a picture of it, could you advise me on how to keep it nice and happy also please.
I live in UK and will be kept indoors im planning above my radiator but i do not no how to feed it etc?
Many thanks in advance
Gareth

Mammillaria Identification Pictur12
Back to top Go down

Mammillaria Identification Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mammillaria Identification   Mammillaria Identification Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 10:46 am

Hi Garth and welcome to the forum.

This plant looks like the pink flowered M.carmenae hybrids especially those that the dutch produce for sale in places like gardencentres, major supermarkets and florists.
If you are planning to keep it indoors then place it one a sunny windowsill and water it from below once a month. leave the water in the dish over night and remove the surplus the following day.
If you are able to then, I would suggest putting it out side on a patio once the fear of frost is over. Cacti need a lot of light to prdcue good spinatation and flowers for the following year.
Back to top Go down

Mammillaria Identification
Page 1 of 1