Mammillaria Society Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mammillaria Society Forum

Discussion Forum about Mammillaria, Coryphantha and Escobaria

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mammis to identify:

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Mammis to identify: Empty
PostSubject: Mammis to identify:   Mammis to identify: Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2019 7:14 am

Hi there!!! I put here 3 mammillarias to see if they can help me identify, thanks!   Very Happy

1) It has 4 yellow central spines, 7 to 10 bicolor radial spines between white, light brown and yellow, wool and few axillary hairs. Columnar with sunken apice.

Mammis to identify: Dsc01710

Mammis to identify: Dsc01711

2) Even small plant, it has 2 to 3 short yellow central spines with light brown tips, 30 to 40 white, crystalline and pubescent radial spines.

Mammis to identify: Dsc00710

3) This mammillaria has 6 radial spines and 1 central spine, all are slightly tortuous, light in color at the base and turning dark red at the tips. Globose shape, has axillary wool.

Mammis to identify: Img_2010
Back to top Go down
delandmo

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Mammis to identify:   Mammis to identify: Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2019 9:51 am

I think no.1 is possibly m. columbiana, no.2 no suggestion as too small and no.3 maybe m. uncinata.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mammis to identify:   Mammis to identify: Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 7:19 pm

No, that is not the correct identifications ... in the next few days the number 3 is about to flourish so we will see that it may be, the most similar thing I saw is a call Mammillaria Obscura, but there is not much information.
Back to top Go down
delandmo

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Mammis to identify:   Mammis to identify: Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2019 12:51 pm

Mammillaria obscura is a doubtful name and has been placed by some, synonymous with m. petterssonii. I'll be surprised if your plant is indeed a m. petterssonnii type. This would produce red flowers, which would have brown seeds. Whereas, my suggestion would have white flowers, with brown reddish stripes and produce brown seed. We wait and see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mammis to identify:   Mammis to identify: Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mammis to identify:
Page 1 of 1