Mammillaria Society Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mammillaria Society Forum

Discussion Forum about Mammillaria, Coryphantha and Escobaria

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mammillaria to identify 1 Mammillaria ernestii

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jfdocampo

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2016-09-23

Mammillaria to identify 1 Mammillaria ernestii Empty
PostSubject: Mammillaria to identify 1 Mammillaria ernestii   Mammillaria to identify 1 Mammillaria ernestii Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2018 5:14 pm

Sorry about the poor quality of the pictures, but I don't have any possibility to take them again because the plant has been removed. It was at a public greenhouse here in Madrid labelled like Mammillaria ernestii, but I think it's wrong.

Mammillaria to identify 1 Mammillaria ernestii Dscn5512
Mammillaria to identify 1 Mammillaria ernestii Dscn5511
Mammillaria to identify 1 Mammillaria ernestii Dscn5510

Regards,

Last edited by Jfdocampo on Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jfdocampo

PostSubject: Re: Mammillaria to identify 1 Mammillaria ernestii   Mammillaria to identify 1 Mammillaria ernestii Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 8:22 am

Not any suggestion?
Back to top Go down
delandmo

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Mammillaria to identify 1 Mammillaria ernestii   Mammillaria to identify 1 Mammillaria ernestii Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 6:52 pm

Hi,

Without the benefit of size of this plant I would suggest that this m. backebergiana of which m. ernestii is a subsp.
I'm intrigued why you are so passionate to achieve identification of plants from a local park, one of which is no longer there. Have you acquired some of these by way of cuttings?
Back to top Go down
Jfdocampo

PostSubject: Re: Mammillaria to identify 1 Mammillaria ernestii   Mammillaria to identify 1 Mammillaria ernestii Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2018 7:33 am

Hi, and thank you very much. The plant size is a little bigger than M. elongata size. In the Internet pictures it seems that M. backebergiana is much bigger, so I'm not sure that's a good candidate.
With respect to my interest about identifying the plant, it's not very mysterious. I haven't caught anything, simply I'm very curious and I want to know as much as possible about plants (and almost everything). If I learn the name of this particular species of Mammillaria, when I find another similar specimen I will be able to compare pictures and maybe to determine if it's the same thing or not.

Regards
Back to top Go down
Jfdocampo

PostSubject: Re: Mammillaria to identify 1 Mammillaria ernestii   Mammillaria to identify 1 Mammillaria ernestii Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2018 12:54 pm

I've found some pictures I took of the same plant with some blossoms. I upload them in the hope it will bring some light to the identification.

Mammillaria to identify 1 Mammillaria ernestii Dscn8312
Mammillaria to identify 1 Mammillaria ernestii Dscn8311
Mammillaria to identify 1 Mammillaria ernestii Dscn8310

Back to top Go down
Jfdocampo

PostSubject: Re: Mammillaria to identify 1 Mammillaria ernestii   Mammillaria to identify 1 Mammillaria ernestii Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2018 12:58 pm

And the last one.

Mammillaria to identify 1 Mammillaria ernestii Dscn8313

And three links to the same specimen with flowers:

https://www.biodiversidadvirtual.org/herbarium/Mammillaria-backebergiana-subsp.-ernestii-img270422.html
https://www.biodiversidadvirtual.org/herbarium/Mammillaria-backebergiana-subsp.-ernestii-img270422.html
https://www.biodiversidadvirtual.org/herbarium/Mammillaria-backebergiana-subsp.-ernestii-img270751.html

Regards,

Last edited by Jfdocampo on Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
delandmo

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Mammillaria to identify 1 Mammillaria ernestii   Mammillaria to identify 1 Mammillaria ernestii Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2018 1:13 pm

I still say m. ernestii is most likely this plant.
Back to top Go down
woltertenhoeve

Number of posts : 336
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Mammillaria to identify 1 Mammillaria ernestii   Mammillaria to identify 1 Mammillaria ernestii Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2018 9:09 pm

I fully agree with Delandmo.

Wolter.
Back to top Go down
Jfdocampo

PostSubject: Re: Mammillaria to identify 1 Mammillaria ernestii   Mammillaria to identify 1 Mammillaria ernestii Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 6:27 am

Right. Then it'll remain as Mammillaria ernestii. Thanks to both.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mammillaria to identify 1 Mammillaria ernestii   Mammillaria to identify 1 Mammillaria ernestii Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mammillaria to identify 1 Mammillaria ernestii
Page 1 of 1