Mammillaria Society Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mammillaria Society Forum

Discussion Forum about Mammillaria, Coryphantha and Escobaria

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Flowers in the earlier spring

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Flowers in the earlier spring Empty
PostSubject: Flowers in the earlier spring   Flowers in the earlier spring Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2015 6:10 am

Hallo,

I have a question. Im searching for Mammillarias who flowers in the earlier spring. Give it mammillarias who flowers earlier in the year?

Please excuse my english. I am from germany.

Many thanks for answers.

Greetings
Petra
Back to top Go down
Chris43
Chris43

Number of posts : 1872
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Flowers in the earlier spring   Flowers in the earlier spring Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2015 11:22 am

Hi Petra,

In my collection (west of London, UK) the earliest Mamms to flower are usually M. weingartiana, M. lasiacantha and its friends like M. magallani, M. egregia, and M. hyaline (wohlschlageri). M. senilis can be quite early as well. Some of the Dolicothele subgenus also flower quite early, M. surculosa for example, but later than M. lasiacantha.

PostSubject: Re: Flowers in the earlier spring   Flowers in the earlier spring Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2015 4:15 pm

Dear Chris,

many thanks for your answer. I have a lot of Thelocactus. They are flowering more in Summer and therefore I am searching for those mammillarias because I want Flowers in the spring.

I will look for this species of mammillaria in the internet. You help me very well.

Many greetings
Petra
Back to top Go down
jfabiao

jfabiao

Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2010-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Flowers in the earlier spring   Flowers in the earlier spring Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2015 9:56 am

Apart from the plants Chris mentioned, several Turbinicarpus flower very early (and often throughout the winter) as well.
Back to top Go down
http://jardineiroazelha.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Flowers in the earlier spring   Flowers in the earlier spring Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2015 4:03 pm

That is an idea, Turbinicarpus are small plants, because the space on the balcony becomes smaller and smaller.

Greetings
Petra
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flowers in the earlier spring   Flowers in the earlier spring Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 6:06 pm

My Mammillaria giselae and Mammillaria longiflora flowered from the middle of March, giselae continuing through May. (UK)

Flowers in the earlier spring 17-03-10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flowers in the earlier spring   Flowers in the earlier spring Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flowers in the earlier spring
Page 1 of 1