Mammillaria Society Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mammillaria Society Forum

Discussion Forum about Mammillaria, Coryphantha and Escobaria

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

mammillaria gieseckei.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
delandmo

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-06-05

mammillaria gieseckei. Empty
PostSubject: mammillaria gieseckei.   mammillaria gieseckei. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 4:34 pm

Hi Maurillio,

Once again you show some interesting plants in your A-Z.

Personally, I see no significant differences from other members of the Supertextae to warrant separate status of m.gieseckei. Chris Davis's and " Ento's " plants look no different from plants I have which are labelled m. supertexta. Plants with tight white spines and copious amounts of wool in their axils. Your plant, with it's yellowish central spines, is different from their's, but no different from a m. flavicentra type. I think m. gieseckei is just another new plant name introduced by collectors to sell more plants and seed.
Back to top Go down
maurillio

Number of posts : 2986
Registration date : 2009-12-20

mammillaria gieseckei. Empty
PostSubject: Re: mammillaria gieseckei.   mammillaria gieseckei. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 5:09 pm

What you write is correct.
In the gallery there are many plants different from each other, only by their commercial name.
Gieseckei is one of these.
Back to top Go down

mammillaria gieseckei.
Page 1 of 1