Mammillaria Society Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mammillaria Society Forum

Discussion Forum about Mammillaria, Coryphantha and Escobaria

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Five wonders

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Five wonders   Empty
PostSubject: Five wonders    Five wonders   Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 11:13 am

M. napina

Five wonders   P1070410

Five wonders   P1070411

M. guerreronis

Five wonders   P1070412

M. wrightii ssp wilcoxii

Five wonders   P1070519

M. zephyranthoides

Five wonders   P1070520

M. neopalmeri

Five wonders   P1070522

Hi
Marco
Back to top Go down
Chris43
Chris43

Number of posts : 1872
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Five wonders   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Five wonders    Five wonders   Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 11:59 am

Another great set. I wish I could get guerreronis to flower here in the UK, really not enough winter warmth and especially light.
There is a form, under the field number of RS658, from Chilpancingo-Iguala, Guerrrero, that does flower easily for me, even when reasonably young. The spines are a bit different, and it has been suggested that it is an intermediate between guerreronis and nunezii.
There is another under the Lau 1096 field number that comes from Mezcala, Guerrero, that some think is an intermediate between guerreronis and meyranii ssp michoacan. That also flowers quite easily.
Most of the reported locations are in this area, so it would seem that M. guerreronis is variable, not just in spination but also in flowering.

Five wonders
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mammillaria Society Forum :: PHOTO GALLERY :: Photo Gallery-
Jump to: