Mammillaria Society Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mammillaria Society Forum

Discussion Forum about Mammillaria, Coryphantha and Escobaria

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Need help with ID

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Need help with ID Empty
PostSubject: Need help with ID   Need help with ID Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 11:30 am

Hello Everyone! Identify my unknown mammas please!
Thanks in advance

Need help with ID 104049462

Need help with ID 104049463

Last edited by gl on Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:06 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down

Need help with ID Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need help with ID   Need help with ID Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 3:24 pm

Nobody knows?
Back to top Go down
maurillio

Number of posts : 2986
Registration date : 2009-12-20

Need help with ID Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need help with ID   Need help with ID Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 8:51 pm

Show your pictures like everyone else, if you want an opinion.....
Back to top Go down

Need help with ID Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need help with ID   Need help with ID Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 12:44 pm

Gentlemen, whats wrong? Bad pictures? No one can ID this plans?
Back to top Go down
Chris43
Chris43

Number of posts : 1872
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Need help with ID Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need help with ID   Need help with ID Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 8:00 pm

Sorry, I must have missed your original message.

I have to admit to being puzzled by both your photos. The first photo actually reminds me of a Notocactus not a Mammillaria, but I can't see clearly enough if it has axils at the base of the tubercles or not. If it is a Mamm, then its not a normal form, and I would struggle to name it, but suggest that it might be one of the Polyacanthae, but no closer than that.

Photo 2 should a plant that is much taller than wide. There are some tall growing Mamms, but none are like the one you show. I suspect that it has been grown in poor light, and has changed its shape. It is difficult to know therefore if the spination is typical or not, but I would suggest that it might be M. haageana or M. albilanata in need of a lot of TLC.

When you are taking photos to help with identification, it is helpful to show the plant from the side as well as the top, and also if possible, depending on the sharpness of the main photos, show a spine cluster, and also say if there have been flowers, and if so any details of colour or shape would be helpful. This is especially needed if the plants don't really seem to conform to any of well known species.

Need help with ID Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need help with ID   Need help with ID Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 10:05 am

Chris43, many thanks for help.
Youre right, Mamm2 been grown in poor light.

Need help with ID #mainImageLink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Need help with ID Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need help with ID   Need help with ID Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need help with ID
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mammillaria Society Forum :: MAIN SECTION :: Identification-
Jump to: