Mammillaria Society Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mammillaria Society Forum

Discussion Forum about Mammillaria, Coryphantha and Escobaria

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Three Mammillarias that need identification

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Three Mammillarias that need identification Empty
PostSubject: Three Mammillarias that need identification   Three Mammillarias that need identification Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 1:16 pm

I am having difficulty in the correct identification of these 3 Mammillarias. Mammillaria decipiens ssp albescens I think is one of them and the other is mammillaria camptotricha marnier-lapostollei and the other mammillaria camptotricha ? However which is which ? Or maybe some other name ?

Andreas

Three Mammillarias that need identification Slide410

Three Mammillarias that need identification Dsc00510

Three Mammillarias that need identification Mammil22
Back to top Go down
maurillio

Number of posts : 2986
Registration date : 2009-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Three Mammillarias that need identification   Three Mammillarias that need identification Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 1:38 pm

i think that the first plant could be a cultivar named marnier-lapostollei.
some deutch growers label this cultivar "delapostolle".
the second plant could be mammilaria decipiens ssp albescens for the little number of subcentral spines.
the third could be mammillaria decipiens ssp. camptotricha, "bird nest cactus".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Three Mammillarias that need identification   Three Mammillarias that need identification Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 6:51 pm

Without seeing the plants in flower....I would say Maurillo has called it correct.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Three Mammillarias that need identification   Three Mammillarias that need identification Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 1:53 pm

Thanks for identifying what is what. Is there a sure way to tell the difference between the 3 types from a word description? Are there any characteristic traits that can identify each one in a unique sort of way ?

Andreas
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Three Mammillarias that need identification   Three Mammillarias that need identification Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Three Mammillarias that need identification
Page 1 of 1