Mammillaria Society Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mammillaria Society Forum

Discussion Forum about Mammillaria, Coryphantha and Escobaria

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Mammillaria - Mammillaria cielensis

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

New Mammillaria - Mammillaria cielensis  Empty
PostSubject: New Mammillaria - Mammillaria cielensis    New Mammillaria - Mammillaria cielensis  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 9:44 pm

UNA NUEVA ESPECIE DE MAMMILLARIA (CACTACEAE) PARA TAMAULIPAS, MÉXICO

José Guadalupe Martínez-Ávalos, Jordan Golubov, Salvador Arias, José Ángel Villarreal-Quintanilla

Acta Botanica Mexicana 97: 83-91. (2011)

Info

Article
Back to top Go down
woltertenhoeve

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: New Mammillaria - Mammillaria cielensis    New Mammillaria - Mammillaria cielensis  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 6:30 pm

Hi Jacek,

Thank you very much for the article, it is very interesting and useful. In my opinion, M. cielensis is no more than a form of M. zublerae.
I wonder from what location the M. zublerae is of which the authors show a photo. The zublerae in that photo is much darker spined than the zubleraes I have seen.
Lex Garcia from Ciudad Victoria once sent me some photos of plants from the El Cielo reserve. He classifies them (the ones from the Julilo region) as M. zublerae, or as M. zublerae x pilispina (from the 20 de Abril region).

Wolter ten Hoeve, The Netherlands.
Back to top Go down
Chris43
Chris43

Number of posts : 1872
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: New Mammillaria - Mammillaria cielensis    New Mammillaria - Mammillaria cielensis  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 6:30 pm

Dear Jacek,

Also many thanks for the article - a good find!

I agree with Wolter, that the comparison of the plants shown makes M. zublerae look rather different (darker and less elongated) than my own plants of this species. The SEM photos show some differences, but almost all SEM comparisons do not show the degree of variation of a species, just the topology of the seeds scanned, which may come from one extreme of the natural variation in the seed surface.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Mammillaria - Mammillaria cielensis    New Mammillaria - Mammillaria cielensis  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Mammillaria - Mammillaria cielensis
Page 1 of 1