Mammillaria Society Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mammillaria Society Forum

Discussion Forum about Mammillaria, Coryphantha and Escobaria

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mammillaria sanchez-mejoradae - age

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Mammillaria sanchez-mejoradae - age Empty
PostSubject: Mammillaria sanchez-mejoradae - age   Mammillaria sanchez-mejoradae - age Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 8:31 pm

Hi friends!

I have a question:

At what age can get Mammillaria sanchez-mejoradae?, is true they are short lived?

I have 3 plants but are very young...

Regards

Punker
Back to top Go down
Chris43
Chris43

Number of posts : 1872
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Mammillaria sanchez-mejoradae - age   Mammillaria sanchez-mejoradae - age Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 10:17 am

I've had one for 6 years according to my records, but it hasn't done much - still a small white plant which flowers each year. I have seen much better grown plants which have offset and look at least 10 years old, though that would probably make them amongst the earliest imports into Europe.
But I don't actually know what its "natural" lifespan actually is.

PostSubject: Re: Mammillaria sanchez-mejoradae - age   Mammillaria sanchez-mejoradae - age Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 11:22 am

Has far as I can tell sanchez-mejoradae is long lived in cultivation. I've had some grafted plants of Rog 437 and MZ 1441 for a couple of years and while they flower they have not put on any grown.
The plant below was taken last week at a collection I visited.

Mammillaria sanchez-mejoradae - age Sanche11
Back to top Go down
Chris43
Chris43

Number of posts : 1872
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Mammillaria sanchez-mejoradae - age   Mammillaria sanchez-mejoradae - age Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 12:37 pm

I wonder how old that plant is? It was only just coming in to Europe (illegally, of course!), in 1998. I've seen something of a similar size as well.
Envy!!

PostSubject: Re: Mammillaria sanchez-mejoradae - age   Mammillaria sanchez-mejoradae - age Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 5:36 pm

That is a huge plant! Grafted I suppose?

Wiebe
Back to top Go down
woltertenhoeve

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Mammillaria sanchez-mejoradae - age   Mammillaria sanchez-mejoradae - age Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 9:40 pm

I am sure that such a big plant with so many offsets is a grafted one. I have 2 grafted plants, one with at least 15 heads, the other one with a few heads (the main head of this one is almost 7 cm high and a little more than 5 cm in diameter). I expect that plants on their own roots will never grow so big (I have only 2 plants on their own roots). In nature, the plants do not grow bigger than about 1 cm.

Wolter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mammillaria sanchez-mejoradae - age   Mammillaria sanchez-mejoradae - age Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 9:37 am

Hi!

Thank's very much friends for your answers!!!

With all my respect

Punker
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mammillaria sanchez-mejoradae - age   Mammillaria sanchez-mejoradae - age Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mammillaria sanchez-mejoradae - age
Page 1 of 1