Mammillaria Society Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mammillaria Society Forum

Discussion Forum about Mammillaria, Coryphantha and Escobaria

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Coryphantha book is online

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chris43
Chris43

Number of posts : 1872
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Coryphantha book is online Empty
PostSubject: Coryphantha book is online   Coryphantha book is online Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 1:21 pm

The book on Coryphantha by Dicht and Luthy is online, it seems. I found it during a search today. This may not be new news, but it is downloadable and this includes all the photos as well.

Coryphantha

PostSubject: Re: Coryphantha book is online   Coryphantha book is online Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 8:36 pm

Good find. I bought the book and it was very expensive, and probably out of print now!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coryphantha book is online   Coryphantha book is online Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 10:31 am

Thank u!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coryphantha book is online   Coryphantha book is online Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2015 8:33 pm

Thank you Cris. Very Happy Haw can we downlow it? Greetings
Back to top Go down
Chris43
Chris43

PostSubject: Re: Coryphantha book is online   Coryphantha book is online Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 2:58 pm

Oh, I checked the link I gave above, like you no doubt, and found that Scribd had removed the book because of copyright issues. I'm not sure what happened, but maybe a rogue copy got uploaded.

I already had the book, but did upload it, but won't distribute it if there are copyright issues. I don't want to get sued!

PostSubject: coryphantha book online   Coryphantha book is online Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2016 12:46 pm

I checked out this book, and found a legitimate kindle copy is currently available through Amazon, but at a similar price to the hard copy.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coryphantha book is online   Coryphantha book is online Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2016 12:54 pm

Update on my earlier post, the kindle version of "Coryphantha: Cacti of Mexico and Southern USA" is authored by Dicht, publication 2010, not the earlier edition "Coryphantha" Dicht and Luthy 2003, going by details posted on the Amazon page.
Back to top Go down
Chris43
Chris43

PostSubject: Re: Coryphantha book is online   Coryphantha book is online Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2016 8:43 pm

Yes David, but the 2010 publication is, I think, the Kindle version of the original Coryphantha book, the English language version, which was published in 2004. Luthy and Dicht have only written one book, in German published in 2003 and then the English version.
Looking at the prices, I didn't realise I have quite such an appreciating asset. Very Happy

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coryphantha book is online   Coryphantha book is online Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coryphantha book is online
Page 1 of 1