Mammillaria Society Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mammillaria Society Forum

Discussion Forum about Mammillaria, Coryphantha and Escobaria

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

M. wrightii fa. wolfii

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

M. wrightii fa. wolfii Empty
PostSubject: M. wrightii fa. wolfii   M. wrightii fa. wolfii Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 3:24 pm

M. wrightii fa. wolfii P1050210

M. wrightii fa. wolfii P1050211

Ciao
Marco
Back to top Go down
Chris43
Chris43

Number of posts : 1872
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: M. wrightii fa. wolfii   M. wrightii fa. wolfii Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 3:37 pm

That is gorgeous, thanks for showing us. It isn't an easy plant to grow, I am finding, let alobe grow to a flowering stage. Well done!!

woltertenhoeve

Number of posts : 336
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: M. wrightii fa. wolfii   M. wrightii fa. wolfii Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 9:37 pm

One of my wolfiis slightly opened its flower today (cloudy and cold weather), another wolfii will open its flower in 1 or 2 days. I hope to be able to pollinate the flowers.
It is quite remarkable, that they flower at almost the same time as Marco's wolfii. In my greenhouse, M. wrightii, meridiorosei, barbata all flower well before M. wolfii, actually these plants have almost finished flowering.
I had several more buds on my wolfiis in the last few weeks, but these 2 buds are the only ones that will become a flower. All the other buds shrivelled (I wrote about that problem a year ago). It looks as if M. wolfii needs plenty of water in order to prevent the shrivelling of the flowers, and perhaps a less sunny position (less heat) might also be beneficial. I do not know under what conditions the plants grow in nature (covered by grass?) and under what conditions they flower in nature (during a period with much rain?), that might be helpful in order to prevent the buds from shrivelling. Next year I will experiment a little more with my plants.

Wolter ten Hoeve, Assen, The Netherlands.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: M. wrightii fa. wolfii   M. wrightii fa. wolfii Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 7:13 pm

Hi!

What a beauty cheers cheers cheers

Regards
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: M. wrightii fa. wolfii   M. wrightii fa. wolfii Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

M. wrightii fa. wolfii
Page 1 of 1