Mammillaria Society Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mammillaria Society Forum

Discussion Forum about Mammillaria, Coryphantha and Escobaria

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Suggestions for Discussion on Articles in Mammillaria Journals

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chris43
Chris43

Number of posts : 1872
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Suggestions for Discussion on Articles in Mammillaria Journals Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions for Discussion on Articles in Mammillaria Journals   Suggestions for Discussion on Articles in Mammillaria Journals Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 6:50 pm

There are a number of Mammillaria Fora in existance. Apart from the Forum that is part of the German Society (AfM) website, the two other main ones (ours and Mammillaria.net) have no specific affiliation with a Society.

Certainly in the Society based in the UK, the Mammillaria Society, wishes have been expressed for a quicker level of feedback that to await the next Journal. Although there is nothing to stop members of the Mammillaria Society starting a discussion on our Forum, since they don't have a specific one of their own, there is nothing here to suggest that this is a good idea. The AfM do have a Forum as part of their website, but apart from a message from their President, there have been no postings as far as I can see.

I believe that it would be sensible to establish two subfora for discussion of articles in the Journal of the Mammilaria Society, and in the Journal of the AfM.

I don't know how many Forum members are also members of one or both of these Societies, but I think it would increase the sense of Community to do this.

What do you think??

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Discussion on Articles in Mammillaria Journals   Suggestions for Discussion on Articles in Mammillaria Journals Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 5:40 pm

It is a very good idea. Unfortunately the forum from AfM is not used at all. I'm member of the AfM and there would be a lot of articels to discuss. Most topics in the Journal of the AfM are in English language, too, so I think there are not only German speaking people who can take part in this discussion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Discussion on Articles in Mammillaria Journals   Suggestions for Discussion on Articles in Mammillaria Journals Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 6:57 pm

Hi!

I agree is a very good ideea!

Reagards!

with respect Punker
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Discussion on Articles in Mammillaria Journals   Suggestions for Discussion on Articles in Mammillaria Journals Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 1:18 pm

I think it could be useful.
I often read the odd article where I would like to make a small comment but it is not enough to warrent a reply in one of the journals.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Discussion on Articles in Mammillaria Journals   Suggestions for Discussion on Articles in Mammillaria Journals Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 9:43 pm

Yes. Good idea. I'm a member of the Mammillaria Society. Or at least I was, I'm not sure that I've renewed my membership this year?!
Back to top Go down
Chris43
Chris43

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Discussion on Articles in Mammillaria Journals   Suggestions for Discussion on Articles in Mammillaria Journals Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 10:09 am

I see the membership list, Simon, and you don't appear to be on it at the moment anyway..hint!!

Chris43
Chris43

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Discussion on Articles in Mammillaria Journals   Suggestions for Discussion on Articles in Mammillaria Journals Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 5:28 pm

OK, so there are 5 of us who think this a good idea. I don't really think that it is sufficient to set up new sections. If we want to start an specific discussion, I suggest that we do so in General Questions until our membership overall gets a bit more active - if it will!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Discussion on Articles in Mammillaria Journals   Suggestions for Discussion on Articles in Mammillaria Journals Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for Discussion on Articles in Mammillaria Journals
Page 1 of 1