Mammillaria Society Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mammillaria Society Forum

Discussion Forum about Mammillaria, Coryphantha and Escobaria

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Some Changes??

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chris43
Chris43

Number of posts : 1872
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Some Changes?? Empty
PostSubject: Some Changes??   Some Changes?? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 8:04 pm

I'm trying to simplify the Forum, as I think it has too many sections, and I have had some feedback also regarding the colour scheme.

So some questions:

How do you find the black background?
Is white text on black readable? or would you prefer black on white or a pale colour?
Which sections (headings, subforums...) do you think could be merged into others?
If I made the picture at the top smaller, we could see more on the screen - a good idea??

That will do for a start - your feedback is requested, either here or by pm.

Thanks,
Chris

Some Changes?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Changes??   Some Changes?? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 10:21 pm

White text on black is very readable. The black background also sets off the photos very nicely.

I like the big picture at the top. Although it would be nice to change it once in a while.

......Si
Back to top Go down

Some Changes?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Changes??   Some Changes?? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 8:59 pm

Although white on black is very readable, I find it too much of a contrast. It would only be comfortable for short periods of time without beginning to cause eyestrain. A paler colour scheme like that of the BCSS forum is more restful for the eyes. (Can you tell my family are all opticians?)

I'd also prefer a narrower band at the top to be able to see more on the screen.

Just my personal preferences. cheers
Back to top Go down

Some Changes?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Changes??   Some Changes?? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 10:21 pm

Oooooo... like the new masthead pics!

Thanks.... Si
Back to top Go down

Some Changes?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Changes??   Some Changes?? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 6:33 am

Hello.
The dark gray background and white letters appear to me very readable and I do not find it tiring to view.
As simon I think the black background is very good value in the photographs.
I like the new photo of the banner home.
Thank you for working for us, Chris 43.
Back to top Go down
Chris43
Chris43

Number of posts : 1872
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Some Changes?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Changes??   Some Changes?? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 6:05 pm

Thanks for the feedback to date. As you have seen, I have simplified things a bit, but wil leave off any background colour / text colour for a while yet, see how much more feedback I do get.
I'm away from 9th Feb to 28th, so don;t expect anything happening quickly! And no, this isn't a cactus trip Crying or Very sad

Some Changes?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Changes??   Some Changes?? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 3:34 pm

Hello Chris43. Cacti will wait for you ... and so do we. Bon voyage (Good trip).
Back to top Go down

Some Changes?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Changes??   Some Changes?? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 1:07 am

Hi Chris, now looks much better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Some Changes?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Changes??   Some Changes?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some Changes??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mammillaria Society Forum :: MAIN SECTION :: Comments-
Jump to: