Mammillaria Society Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mammillaria Society Forum

Discussion Forum about Mammillaria, Coryphantha and Escobaria

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Geminispina confirmation

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Geminispina confirmation Empty
PostSubject: Geminispina confirmation   Geminispina confirmation Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 9:34 pm

Hi all,

I have an old plant labeled as a Mammillaria geminispina, but I need a confirmation because online pictures I found are a little differents and also because the garden I took wasn' t mammillaria's expert.

Here's a panoramic one:
Geminispina confirmation 5055216884_6e2eda8231

and a thorns close up (the strange thing is that main thorns are shorts and in group of 4) :
Geminispina confirmation 5084746606_e7d37d4177

Thanks to whom will help.

Zaskar
Back to top Go down
Chris43
Chris43

Number of posts : 1872
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Geminispina confirmation   Geminispina confirmation Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 9:50 pm

Can you say what the flowers are like? I can see that the plant has flowered, but has it set seed and formed seed pods? If so if you could say what they are like, that would be helpful.

PostSubject: Re: Geminispina confirmation   Geminispina confirmation Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 8:18 pm

Thanks for your attention, Chris.

Unfortunately I don't know how was the flowers. We will have to wait until next spring.
Since this summer when we bought we didn't see any flower.

It was in a shop where they used to glue some plastic flowers and jiggles...
we had to carefully free it from the glue and give back it to its natural status.

Z.
Back to top Go down
Chris43
Chris43

Number of posts : 1872
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Geminispina confirmation   Geminispina confirmation Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 9:01 pm

Thanks for the information. From what I can see, I do think that this is geminispina, but it seems closer to ssp. leucocentra than ssp geminispina. But it needs more light and to be grown a bit harder perhaps (repot in more open compost and water only when really needed), and then I think iyt will look rather more "typical".

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Geminispina confirmation   Geminispina confirmation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Geminispina confirmation
Page 1 of 1