Mammillaria Society Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mammillaria Society Forum

Discussion Forum about Mammillaria, Coryphantha and Escobaria

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Introducing Simon Greenwood (call me Si)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Introducing Simon Greenwood (call me Si) Empty
PostSubject: Introducing Simon Greenwood (call me Si)   Introducing Simon Greenwood (call me Si) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 11:58 am

I took today off work to attend my kids' 'Sports Day'. It's already been cancelled twice, today was no exception. It's pouring down outside. So I thought I'd take the opportunity to introduce myself to the 'Mammillaria Forum'!

I've always been fascinated by plants of all kinds. I wanted to be a botanist when I was growing up but somehow ended up in Marketing.

I've been collecting cacti since I was a small boy. I've had to restart my collection several times as various 'life events' have interrupted my enthusiasm for the hobby - girls, drinking beer, more girls, marriage & kids (no more girls) and triathlon racing.

I've been collecting 'properly' for a good five years now. Mainly Mammillaria, Rebutia and Sulcorebutia. I've filled half a small 2m x 3m greenhouse with my collection. My wife's tomato plants are about to get the boot in my drive for more space!

So that's me! I'm very much looking forward to following the various discussions on this forum. Please excuse any stupid questions that I may ask as I'm still on a bit of a learning curve.

Si
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Simon Greenwood (call me Si)   Introducing Simon Greenwood (call me Si) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 12:16 pm

Hello Simon and a very warm welcome to the Forum.
Back to top Go down
jfabiao

jfabiao

Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2010-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Simon Greenwood (call me Si)   Introducing Simon Greenwood (call me Si) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 1:07 pm

Welcome, Si. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://jardineiroazelha.blogspot.com/
Chris43
Chris43

Number of posts : 1872
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Simon Greenwood (call me Si)   Introducing Simon Greenwood (call me Si) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 6:48 pm

Hello and welcome Simon,
I recognise that progression, ending in booting out the tomato plants! If it is any consolation, my original 2 x 3m greehouse seems to have transmuted into a 3 x 10m one, and still the tomato plants have to make do on the patio.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Simon Greenwood (call me Si)   Introducing Simon Greenwood (call me Si) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introducing Simon Greenwood (call me Si)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mammillaria Society Forum :: WELCOME :: Introductions-
Jump to: