Mammillaria Society Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mammillaria Society Forum

Discussion Forum about Mammillaria, Coryphantha and Escobaria

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chemical spray damage

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Chemical spray damage Empty
PostSubject: Chemical spray damage   Chemical spray damage Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 11:40 am

This is what happens when you spray a plant for mealy bug and put the plant back on the bench in full sun.

Chemical spray damage Img_0713

The plant is M.uncinata P 477 and has a rule I would of put it under the bench for a few days. It does not happen much but I do fine that it is these green bodied plants from Series Mammillaria that suffer this kind of damage most of all.
Back to top Go down
Chris43
Chris43

Number of posts : 1872
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Chemical spray damage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chemical spray damage   Chemical spray damage Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 1:09 pm

Oh thats sad, but a good warning about the potential that the instecticides and miticides we use can have their downsides as well.
I try to spray in the evening, so that by morning the plants have dried enough.
We don't have a thread on what insecticides and miticides people use for mealy bugs, red spider mite and other pests such as thrips. I'll start one.

Chemical spray damage
Page 1 of 1