Mammillaria Society Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mammillaria Society Forum

Discussion Forum about Mammillaria, Coryphantha and Escobaria

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2 Mammillarias......Scrippsiana or Bocensis ?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

2 Mammillarias......Scrippsiana or Bocensis ? Empty
PostSubject: 2 Mammillarias......Scrippsiana or Bocensis ?   2 Mammillarias......Scrippsiana or Bocensis ? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 8:58 pm

Hello everybody
today I need your help for another italian cactus lover.
Few day's ago he posted some photo of mammillaria in a forum, asking for an ID2 Mammillarias......Scrippsiana or Bocensis ? Immagi10

I think the Mammillaria is bocensis or scrippsiana, what do you think?

He told me that he bought a Mammillaria bocensis and post this photo of the plant,
2 Mammillarias......Scrippsiana or Bocensis ? Mammil10
but is this really a bocensis??? I don't think .
I belive it is scrippsiana....................but I'm not a great expert so, we decided to ask to you Very Happy
you can see the italian page where we talk about it here http://forum.cactofili.org/viewtopic.php?t=6595
Back to top Go down
Chris43
Chris43

Number of posts : 1872
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: 2 Mammillarias......Scrippsiana or Bocensis ?   2 Mammillarias......Scrippsiana or Bocensis ? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 12:29 pm

Hi Lucio,
My feeling is that the first plant is bocensis rather than scrippsiana. The second one certainly isn't, imho, bocensis or scrippsiana, but a form of wagneriana, although it has more radials than is normal. But the top central spine is like a form called obscura, whch various "authorities" have either made synonomous with wagneriana or pettersonii, though I favour wagneriana if you have to lump it.
No doubt others will correct me if I have it wrong!

PostSubject: Re: 2 Mammillarias......Scrippsiana or Bocensis ?   2 Mammillarias......Scrippsiana or Bocensis ? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 11:55 am

Thank you Chris
I would never have thought about this
I have a lot to still learn Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2 Mammillarias......Scrippsiana or Bocensis ?   2 Mammillarias......Scrippsiana or Bocensis ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2 Mammillarias......Scrippsiana or Bocensis ?
Page 1 of 1