Mammillaria Society Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mammillaria Society Forum

Discussion Forum about Mammillaria, Coryphantha and Escobaria

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Some seedling observations.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Some seedling observations. Empty
PostSubject: Some seedling observations.   Some seedling observations. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 10:44 am

AfM seedlist 2006...

HP 24/45, these appear to be M.formosa.

List number 457, Speices La purisma. These look very similar to Rog 314, aff picta, from the same list. But they could also be nana/duwei has La purisma is in the state of Queretaro. A state in which picta is not found in.

lolita = barbata

AfM seedlist 2007..

ESP 11/102, priessnitzi, Jalpan, Qro. This is a form of magnimamma but the germinated seedlings are not. They look to be something in the Ancistracanthae, red hooked spines.

If anyone has information on any others from the lists then please let us know.
Back to top Go down
Chris43
Chris43

Number of posts : 1872
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Some seedling observations.   Some seedling observations. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 10:04 pm

Can't help here Tam, as I only bought seed last year. Mix ups do happen unfortunately. I germinated some M. carrettii once which turned out to be a magnimamma form, but not from AfM seed.

PostSubject: Re: Some seedling observations.   Some seedling observations. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 2:45 pm

AfM 2007. M. standleyi E/Sp 10/30 La Aduana, Son. These seem to be mixed up with what appears to be M.prolifera/multiceps.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some seedling observations.   Some seedling observations. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 12:45 pm

M.supraflumen ML 302 :- From the Piltz 2009 seedlist. M.supraflumen is a form of M.nunezii. ML 302 is a collection M.jaliscana.

M.scrippsiana SB 717 :- From the Piltz 2008 seedlist. SB 717 is a collection of M.bocensis (neoschwarzeana). Has far as I can tell Steven Brack never made a collection of M.scrippsiana.

M.zublerae H.O. 587 :- From the AfM 2009 seedlist. These seedlings have produced standard prolifera type plants, long spines, fast growing and freely offsetting.
Back to top Go down
woltertenhoeve

Number of posts : 336
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Some seedling observations.   Some seedling observations. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 6:22 pm

Regarding Rogozinski's M. sp. La Purisma, could this be a M. crinita form (a bit tezontle like)? Rogozinski has been near La Purisma in the state of San Luis Potosi (it lies about 30 km north of the city of SLP) and he found there M. bocasana multilanata and a M. tezontle like plant.
Near there, at La Tinaja, I found M. bocasana multilanata (WTH 605) and M. crinita aff. (WTH 604). The latter sometimes lack the hooked central spine.

Wolter ten Hoeve.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some seedling observations.   Some seedling observations. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 1:19 pm

I no longer have these plants, has a rule I do not keep any plant without a field collection number. I cannot recall enought to say if it could have been a bit M.tezontle like but I am certain it was not a M.bocasana type plant. I have grown a number of collections of M.bocasana from seed to know what they look like. Is there anything else that grows around there.

Mark.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some seedling observations.   Some seedling observations. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 9:53 am

Another mistaken field number which has just come to light.

On this years, 2010, Piltz seed list was listed M.senilis WK 490. This in fact, should be WK 440 and has been confrimed by Wolfgang Plein.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some seedling observations.   Some seedling observations. Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 12:38 pm

From last year's AFM ( 2010 ) seed list I sowed item 110d, M.elegans v longicaudata Rog 168. The resulting seedlings look to be something like M.densispina.

Did anyone else sow this seed and if so, what do your seedlings look like ?
Back to top Go down
Chris43
Chris43

Number of posts : 1872
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Some seedling observations.   Some seedling observations. Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 12:45 pm

Sorry, Tam, I didn't sow that one. There were 6 different seed of M. densispina offered last year, so its going to be difficult to match it back to one of these, unfortunately.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some seedling observations.   Some seedling observations. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some seedling observations.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mammillaria Society Forum :: MAIN SECTION :: Growing from seed-
Jump to: