Mammillaria Society Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mammillaria Society Forum

Discussion Forum about Mammillaria, Coryphantha and Escobaria

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mammillaria goodridgei

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Mammillaria goodridgei Empty
PostSubject: Mammillaria goodridgei   Mammillaria goodridgei Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 4:23 pm

In flower today, 6-5-08

Mammillaria goodridgei Zy80ae

This plant is 4 years old and the seed came from a plant collected from the TL in the 70's. There was seed of M.goodridgii on the BCSS seedlist about 8-9 years old which came from the same source.
Back to top Go down
ChrisDavies

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Mammillaria goodridgei   Mammillaria goodridgei Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 4:32 pm

They often sell seeds or plants which are not goodridgei at all but other lookalikes from Baja California. Yours is a real goodridgei. By the way, who or what is TL?

PostSubject: Re: Mammillaria goodridgei   Mammillaria goodridgei Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 4:38 pm

TL is the type locality were the plant was original found. I saw you were looking for var rectispina, the straight spined form. Plants with hooked spines will produce seedlings with straight spines. When I go down to the UK mamm society AGM I will be visting the chap who has the mother plant from which this seed came from. He normally has a number of goodridgii seedlings and if he has any straight spines plants I will try and get one for you.
Back to top Go down
ChrisDavies

PostSubject: Re: Mammillaria goodridgei   Mammillaria goodridgei Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 4:39 pm

Thanks Tam !

PostSubject: Re: Mammillaria goodridgei   Mammillaria goodridgei Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 4:43 pm

This is the mother plant of the seedling at the begin of this tread. Unforturnalty the chap had no more seedlings left, he had sold them to John Henshaw, so chris, this is where your seedlings have come from.

Mammillaria goodridgei 71lded
Back to top Go down
ChrisDavies

PostSubject: Re: Mammillaria goodridgei   Mammillaria goodridgei Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 4:46 pm

Don't worry Tam, I found a goodridgei this weekend, not as big as pictured, but it's a start.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mammillaria goodridgei   Mammillaria goodridgei Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mammillaria goodridgei
Page 1 of 1