Mammillaria Society Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mammillaria Society Forum

Discussion Forum about Mammillaria, Coryphantha and Escobaria

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mammillaria sanchez-mejoradae - Flowering time ?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Mammillaria sanchez-mejoradae - Flowering time ? Empty
PostSubject: Mammillaria sanchez-mejoradae - Flowering time ?   Mammillaria sanchez-mejoradae - Flowering time ? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 11:12 pm

Hello all,

I'm a new member, thanks to Chris. I'll post an introduction in the intro thread shortly, but you should know I'm in Australia, so it's the middle of winter here now. I'm somwehat surprised that a couple of my tiny 2 year old M. sanchez-mejoradae plants have flowered in the middle of winter. I know M. plumosa as a late autumn/early winter flowerer, but it's never flowered this late into winter.

Does sanchez-mejoradae behave the same in the northern hemisphere ?

Thanks,

Trevor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mammillaria sanchez-mejoradae - Flowering time ?   Mammillaria sanchez-mejoradae - Flowering time ? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 6:53 am

Hello Trevor,
welcome to the Forum Very Happy .
My M. sanchez-mejoradae puts out buds very often in the end of November. When winter is very sunny the plant starts flowering in February. I think it is my earliest blossoming mammillaria.

Leszek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mammillaria sanchez-mejoradae - Flowering time ?   Mammillaria sanchez-mejoradae - Flowering time ? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 8:55 am

Welcome Trevor,

I agreed with Leszek. My small three year old plants produced flower buds in late Nov and sat with them until after xmas when they start to open. I do not know when they flower in habatit.
I do know that plants in the series Mammillaria which would be in flower in about Jan/Feb/March in habatit start flowering in march/april/May in my collection.
Another plant that starts to produces flower buds in Nov and holds them until after xmas is M.solisoides. M.hernandezii which comes from the same general will not start flowering until April time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mammillaria sanchez-mejoradae - Flowering time ?   Mammillaria sanchez-mejoradae - Flowering time ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mammillaria sanchez-mejoradae - Flowering time ?
Page 1 of 1