Mammillaria Society Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mammillaria Society Forum

Discussion Forum about Mammillaria, Coryphantha and Escobaria

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ID 15 Mammi to identify

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wayun

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2018-04-10

ID 15 Mammi to identify Empty
PostSubject: ID 15 Mammi to identify   ID 15 Mammi to identify Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2020 4:17 pm

It was labeled M zeilmanniana.
Is the correct the identification?.
Thanks for your reply.ID 15 Mammi to identify Tt0110
ID 15 Mammi to identify Tt0210
ID 15 Mammi to identify Tt0310
Back to top Go down
delandmo

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-06-05

PostSubject: Re: ID 15 Mammi to identify   ID 15 Mammi to identify Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2020 7:54 pm

Whilst I think it might be a somewhat small specimen to suggest a positive name, I think this plant is probably m. zeilmanniana or a member of m. crinita. There's a outside chance it may possibly be m. oteroi. If m.oteroi, when it flowers the colour should be yellowish to white and will eventually produce a lovely ring of red seed capsules around the base of the main head. My doubts however are where was it purchased? If it was purchased at a mart or garden centre, then it most likely will be m. zeilmanniana.
Back to top Go down
wayun

PostSubject: Re: ID 15 Mammi to identify   ID 15 Mammi to identify Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2020 9:52 pm

Thank you very much delandmo.
I bought it in a garden centre.
Back to top Go down
wayun

PostSubject: Re: ID 15 Mammi to identify   ID 15 Mammi to identify Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2021 4:59 pm

Good morning
Now photos of this flowering cactus, can help identification.
ThaID 15 Mammi to identify 2021-013
ID 15 Mammi to identify 2021-014
nks
Back to top Go down
delandmo

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-06-05

PostSubject: Re: ID 15 Mammi to identify   ID 15 Mammi to identify Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2021 7:43 pm

Am I correct in thinking this is the same plant you showed us in Feb. 2020, or is it another plant? If its the same plant, well done for growing it on. Unfortunately, I can't make out how big the individual heads are now. What size pot is it in? If we are looking at the same plant, now in a different coloured pot, the plant appears to be making similar size heads. To me, this is not usual for m. zeilmanniana. Normally one head would get bigger in the centre of the cluster before producing this amount of individual heads. It almost looks like a pot of seedlings. The colour of the flowers is ok for m. zeilmanniana, they can range from deep red through to pink and even white. The species is so hybridised. My other concern is that the hooked spines, some by now should be darker, almost black. There is none present as far as I can see. I can't personally pick another certainty, as it doesn't seem to be m.oteroi on flower colour. So, may have to stick with m. zeilmanniana for the time being, until somebody else on here comes up trumps.
Back to top Go down
wayun

PostSubject: Re: ID 15 Mammi to identify   ID 15 Mammi to identify Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2021 1:25 am

Thanks Delandmo for your opinion.
It´s the same cactus in a different pot (4").
The hooked spines aren´t dark.
Regards
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ID 15 Mammi to identify   ID 15 Mammi to identify Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ID 15 Mammi to identify
Page 1 of 1