Mammillaria Society Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mammillaria Society Forum

Discussion Forum about Mammillaria, Coryphantha and Escobaria

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cacti and Sukkulent in Köln, every day new flowers in the greenhouse Part 204

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
K.W.

K.W.

Number of posts : 3205
Registration date : 2012-09-25

Cacti and Sukkulent in Köln, every day new flowers in the greenhouse Part 204 Empty
PostSubject: Cacti and Sukkulent in Köln, every day new flowers in the greenhouse Part 204   Cacti and Sukkulent in Köln, every day new flowers in the greenhouse Part 204 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2018 10:34 pm

Good evening dear cacti-friends,

what we are experiencing in the last two weeks is an ugly autumn - windy, cold, humid, dark.
Today I finally put all the plants, the last one´s in the greenhouses.
The terrace is not cleaned up yet and the greenhouses are not yet prepared for a deep frost.
But before January there is seldom frost - and right now the devil is in business. (Is that correct for hellish a lot of work?)
Today some pictures from inside and tidy up.
Not as beautiful and glamorous as flowers in summer. . .

214876Cacti and Sukkulent in Köln, every day new flowers in the greenhouse Part 204 Bild1785

214893Cacti and Sukkulent in Köln, every day new flowers in the greenhouse Part 204 Bild1784

215151Cacti and Sukkulent in Köln, every day new flowers in the greenhouse Part 204 Bild1786

prepared Haworthia greenhouse    
215183Cacti and Sukkulent in Köln, every day new flowers in the greenhouse Part 204 Bild1787

full-house. . .  
215190Cacti and Sukkulent in Köln, every day new flowers in the greenhouse Part 204 Bild1789

215193Cacti and Sukkulent in Köln, every day new flowers in the greenhouse Part 204 Bild1802

215194Cacti and Sukkulent in Köln, every day new flowers in the greenhouse Part 204 Bild1791

new residents  
215373Cacti and Sukkulent in Köln, every day new flowers in the greenhouse Part 204 Bild1794

This will be the last winter in the greenhouse - the guy grows and grows. . .  
215379Cacti and Sukkulent in Köln, every day new flowers in the greenhouse Part 204 Bild1792

215383Cacti and Sukkulent in Köln, every day new flowers in the greenhouse Part 204 Bild1793

215384Cacti and Sukkulent in Köln, every day new flowers in the greenhouse Part 204 Bild1795

215385Cacti and Sukkulent in Köln, every day new flowers in the greenhouse Part 204 Bild1796

215386Cacti and Sukkulent in Köln, every day new flowers in the greenhouse Part 204 Bild1797

winter-grower    
215391Cacti and Sukkulent in Köln, every day new flowers in the greenhouse Part 204 Bild1799

215392Cacti and Sukkulent in Köln, every day new flowers in the greenhouse Part 204 Bild1798

Best wishes and nice weekend,    

K.W.

Best Bonus-Track ever. . .   Basketball
"Frau Klein"
215315Cacti and Sukkulent in Köln, every day new flowers in the greenhouse Part 204 Bild1800

"Hot-Dog"   Very Happy
215203Cacti and Sukkulent in Köln, every day new flowers in the greenhouse Part 204 Bild1801

Back to top Go down
K.W.

K.W.

Cacti and Sukkulent in Köln, every day new flowers in the greenhouse Part 204 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cacti and Sukkulent in Köln, every day new flowers in the greenhouse Part 204   Cacti and Sukkulent in Köln, every day new flowers in the greenhouse Part 204 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2018 10:15 pm

This small contribution I have written as an answer in another forum. . .

Nero Wolfe!

Good evening dear cacti friends,
when I got my first cactus in 1968 - an Euphorbia hybrid Wink - my passion for cacti and other succulents began.
I got this euphorbia and some other plants from an elderly lady, she was a wonderful gardener.
I learned a lot from her about gardening, plant care and the soul and nature of plants.

This passion has accompanied me throughout my life.
School, university, service, family, friends, my wife, other hobby's, house, traveling, cooking,
our animals never came too short anyway.

So why, a life offers many possibilities and 24h a day!

If necessary, there was also help with the care of the plants.
When I already had some plants in 1970 I was dreaming of a greenhouse.
My sister gave me the first Nero Wolfe book by Rex Stout.
Nero was like I wanted to be, I was a kid !!! Smile , intelligent, well-read, sharp-tongued, loving good food and
he had greenhouses for his plants on the roof of his house.
That was awesome, working downstairs and doing the hobby on the roof. . .

OK, it took a few years -
138821Cacti and Sukkulent in Köln, every day new flowers in the greenhouse Part 204 Bild1803

- but I did it. (and now I have Nero´s suit size too)
215Cacti and Sukkulent in Köln, every day new flowers in the greenhouse Part 204 Bild_011

210Cacti and Sukkulent in Köln, every day new flowers in the greenhouse Part 204 Bild_010

208Cacti and Sukkulent in Köln, every day new flowers in the greenhouse Part 204 Bild_013

206Cacti and Sukkulent in Köln, every day new flowers in the greenhouse Part 204 Bild_012

203Cacti and Sukkulent in Köln, every day new flowers in the greenhouse Part 204 Bild_014

202Cacti and Sukkulent in Köln, every day new flowers in the greenhouse Part 204 Bild_015

the book
218Cacti and Sukkulent in Köln, every day new flowers in the greenhouse Part 204 Bild1804

Best wishes

K.W.

Bonus-Track
214597Cacti and Sukkulent in Köln, every day new flowers in the greenhouse Part 204 Bild1806

214603Cacti and Sukkulent in Köln, every day new flowers in the greenhouse Part 204 Bild1807

214705Cacti and Sukkulent in Köln, every day new flowers in the greenhouse Part 204 Bild1805

214706Cacti and Sukkulent in Köln, every day new flowers in the greenhouse Part 204 Bild1808
Back to top Go down
jfabiao

jfabiao

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2010-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Cacti and Sukkulent in Köln, every day new flowers in the greenhouse Part 204   Cacti and Sukkulent in Köln, every day new flowers in the greenhouse Part 204 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2018 8:27 am

What a wonderful place that must be! And to be able to put the work aside for a few minutes and look at the plant if you feel like it!
Back to top Go down
http://jardineiroazelha.blogspot.com/
PVV1962

PVV1962

Number of posts : 596
Registration date : 2016-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Cacti and Sukkulent in Köln, every day new flowers in the greenhouse Part 204   Cacti and Sukkulent in Köln, every day new flowers in the greenhouse Part 204 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2018 10:41 am

KW.

I found a book about Nero Wolfe.  scratch
But there are two series: Italian and American.
Smile .  Which one shows the greenhouse on the roof?

PVV.
Back to top Go down
K.W.

K.W.

PostSubject: Re: Cacti and Sukkulent in Köln, every day new flowers in the greenhouse Part 204   Cacti and Sukkulent in Köln, every day new flowers in the greenhouse Part 204 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2018 9:36 pm

PVV1962 wrote:
KW.

I found a book about Nero Wolfe.  scratch
But there are two series: Italian and American.
Smile .  Which one shows the greenhouse on the roof?

PVV.

Good evening Vladimir,
in this Wikipedia post https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nero_Wolfe
you can find information about the book and Nero Wolfe.
There are many stories from Rex Stout about Nero Wolfe, I have read all the books.
There are also different films, I did not see any.
Will not let my imagination and ideas from the books be destroyed.

I have never seen the greenhouses of Nero Wolfe.
But I know exactly what they look like, they are in my head - for 50 years. . . Very Happy Smile

Best wishes

K.W.

Back to top Go down
K.W.

K.W.

PostSubject: Re: Cacti and Sukkulent in Köln, every day new flowers in the greenhouse Part 204   Cacti and Sukkulent in Köln, every day new flowers in the greenhouse Part 204 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2018 9:40 pm

jfabiao wrote:
What a wonderful place that must be! And to be able to put the work aside for a few minutes and look at the plant if you feel like it!

Good morning Jose,

that was the fascination for me from the greenhouses on the roof of the company.
It is wonderful and increases my quality of life and work immensely. . . sunny Very Happy

Best wishes,

K.W.
Back to top Go down
delandmo

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Cacti and Sukkulent in Köln, every day new flowers in the greenhouse Part 204   Cacti and Sukkulent in Köln, every day new flowers in the greenhouse Part 204 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2018 4:57 pm

Yes, sadly all the plants are in my greenhouse now and have been there for a few days . Just in time as we're experiencing heavy frosts now in the UK. The heaters are working 24/7 and bill mounting up 24/7. affraid  If I don't get another chance to comment I wish you K.W. and your Family, and to all our regular members, a Very Merry Christmas & a Prosperous New Year. santa
All the best Derek.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cacti and Sukkulent in Köln, every day new flowers in the greenhouse Part 204   Cacti and Sukkulent in Köln, every day new flowers in the greenhouse Part 204 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cacti and Sukkulent in Köln, every day new flowers in the greenhouse Part 204
Page 1 of 1