Mammillaria Society Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mammillaria Society Forum

Discussion Forum about Mammillaria, Coryphantha and Escobaria

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Id please its very difficult

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Id please its very difficult  Empty
PostSubject: Id please its very difficult    Id please its very difficult  Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2016 5:22 pm

Hello!!
Id please
Formosa, chionocephala,orcuttii....the identification of these plants I find difficult.
Thanks.

Id please its very difficult  Dsc_0210
Id please its very difficult  Dsc_0212
Id please its very difficult  Dsc_0213
Id please its very difficult  Dsc_0214
Id please its very difficult  Dsc_0211
Back to top Go down
Chris43
Chris43

Number of posts : 1872
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Id please its very difficult    Id please its very difficult  Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2016 8:07 pm

I think orcuttii is quite distinctive with its black spines and radials that soon drop off, and I think your first photo is of that species. As for the others.....

Well, M. formosa would probably cover them all depending how broad your idea of what a species is! My plants of this species are now just coming into flower, and I would say that your last one looks very much like a plant named as M. eumorpha which was described fairly recently but has been around for a while. I'm still trying to make sense out of all the names and now have about 35 of them, with various collection numbers, and names from arroyensis to brauneana to caerula to ritteriana ......

PostSubject: Re: Id please its very difficult    Id please its very difficult  Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 9:18 pm

Sorry for not answering before Chris.

The first was that clearer had, though he doubted sometimes because some pictures confounded me, tapeworm and as orcuttii and remains so.

the second and third I have no idea of the species, the more I look the more I mess that could be, internet sometimes instead of helping more disorienting.

the fourth tapeworm as formosa ssp pseudocrucigera but equally doubtful.

the fifth at first thought in chionocephala, but the flower spination and make me doubt much, maybe it's you mention Chris.

Thank you so much for everything and especially for the quick response.

Anyone is encouraged with some opinion more?

regards
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Id please its very difficult    Id please its very difficult  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Id please its very difficult
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mammillaria Society Forum :: MAIN SECTION :: Identification-
Jump to: