Mammillaria Society Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mammillaria Society Forum

Discussion Forum about Mammillaria, Coryphantha and Escobaria

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Let me introduce myself

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Let me introduce myself Empty
PostSubject: Let me introduce myself   Let me introduce myself Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2015 3:33 am

Hello,

My name is Mike.

Ever since I was a little boy I was always fascinated by cacti. I grew up in Siberia (Russia), and due to its climate I didn't have a chance to collect any cacti.

Then I moved to San Francisco, USA and thought I would be able to start my collection, but I was living next to the ocean, and the weather was mostly foggy and cold.

Finally I relocated to Austin, Texas, and I hit the jackpot with the weather for cacti cheers   I visited many local growers, some of them very reputable, and was able to start my collection this past September. I was interested in Mammillaria and Gymnocalycium. Of course, Mammillaria is my favorite.  

So far I collected following Mammillaria:

Mammillaria Bombycina
Mammillaria magnimamma
Mammillaria plumosa
Mammillaria camptotricha v. marnier-lapostele
Mammillaria nejapensis
Mammillaria huhninanna
MAMMILLARIA ZEILMANNIANA
MAMMILLARIA Mystax
Mammillaria SPINOSISSIMA “un pico”
MAMMILLARIA PILCAYENSIS
MAMMILLARIA GINSA MARU
MAMMILLARIA CELSIANA
MAMMILLARIA PILCAYENSIS
MAMMILLARIA GRASCILIS FRAGILIS
MAMMILLARIA CAMPTORICHA V.MARNIER LAPOSTELE
MAMMILLARIA PETTERSONII
MAMMILLARIA PLUMOSA
Mammllaria Schumannii V. Globosa Monstrose
Mammillaria Schawarzii
Mammillaria CANDIDA
Mammillaria Dicipiens Albescens
Mammillaria Wilcoxii
Mammillaria Dewii
Mammillaria Matudae
Mammillaria Carmnae
Mammilaria Perezdela Rosa
Mammillaria Comptotricha
Mammillaria Deherdtiana
Mammillaria Dicipiens Albescens
Mammillaria Schiedeana
Mammillaria Elongata
Mammillaria Elegans
Mammillaria Atroflorens
Mammillaria Bucareliensis
Mammillaria Perbella
Mammillaria Carretii

P.S I am very happy that I found this forum!  bounce
Back to top Go down
Chris43
Chris43

Number of posts : 1872
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Let me introduce myself   Let me introduce myself Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2015 1:51 pm

Glad you did find us! We haven't got many members from the USA, and of course, Texas is prime cactus country. I've visited the Big Bend 4 times to date, the last time in 2009, so its getting on to be time again!
You've got a nice list of plants so far, and hope that your interest will continue. This forum isn't very active, but most posts get some sort of reaction!

jfabiao

jfabiao

Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2010-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Let me introduce myself   Let me introduce myself Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2015 8:54 am

Welcome, Mike. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://jardineiroazelha.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Let me introduce myself   Let me introduce myself Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 10:31 pm

Thank you.This forum is very informative.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let me introduce myself   Let me introduce myself Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2016 3:04 pm

Greetings from the Costa Blanca. I was a BCSS member for many years, a Branch Sec for first Exeter & then Plymouth branchs & did the Judges Course. Loved it until circumstances caused me to sell my entire collection. Always a Mamm nut. Now I am building a small collection on my little patio here on the Costa Blanca where they live outside & flower much of the time. I have to depend on Garden Centres & market stalls for my plants, usually unlabelled, so part of the fun is going online to try & name them. I do have Pilbeam's Mamm book to help me. Most plants come from Holland so are of good quality - & very cheap.
I hope to post some pics & also discuss what I have discovered about the lethal (to Cacti) levels of Calcium in our water supply.

Back to top Go down
Chris43
Chris43

Number of posts : 1872
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Let me introduce myself   Let me introduce myself Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2016 4:37 pm

Welcome! Always glad to see another Mamm nut, especially one who has come back to the fold! I'll look forward to your tales of the effects of your local water.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let me introduce myself   Let me introduce myself Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let me introduce myself
Page 1 of 1