Mammillaria Society Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mammillaria Society Forum

Discussion Forum about Mammillaria, Coryphantha and Escobaria

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ID please if possible

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

ID please if possible Empty
PostSubject: ID please if possible   ID please if possible Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 10:53 pm

ID please if possible <a href=I have finally managed to upload an image. Whoopeee!!!:bounce:I have had three different suggestions for this plantbut on checking them out am even more confused than ever. If anyone can help me I would be grateful. Thank you. TiggyID please if possible First_11first_10.jpg" />
Back to top Go down
delandmo

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-06-05

PostSubject: Re: ID please if possible   ID please if possible Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 11:44 pm

Hi Tiggy,

Looks like Mammillaria microhelia.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ID please if possible   ID please if possible Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 10:02 am

Hi Dlandmo, Thank you for your quick response. I did try uploading two shots of the plant to give a better view, but somehow I could only get one to load. Need to study this uploading a bit more. Here's the other shot just to confirm-

ID please if possible First_12

Tiggy
Back to top Go down
Anthony 1

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2011-03-13

PostSubject: ID please if possible    ID please if possible Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 10:24 am

Hi Tiggy
Yes, M.microhelia it is, although the illustration in John Pilbeams' book does not have the redd'ish stripe on the petals that yours has.

Lovely specimen by the way

Anthony 1
Back to top Go down
delandmo

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-06-05

PostSubject: Re: ID please if possible   ID please if possible Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 11:17 am

Hi Tiggy,

M. Microhelia has a flower colour ranging from anything from white, yellow,green through to shades of red. So no concern with your  plants flower colour. It is a member of the Elongata group, which takes it's name from m. elongata and has similar variations of colour in cultivation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ID please if possible   ID please if possible Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 8:24 pm

Tank you Anthony, I wish I could afford one of John Philbeam's books, it would be a great help. Sad One day maybe Rolling Eyes. At the moment I am trying to save up for a greenhouse.

Delandmo- Thank you once again for the information, I find it very helpful. I now have some more that need Id's, but will do a few at a time. For some I have been given conflicting Id's and on checking it is sometimes very difficult to be 100% sure which is right.
I must say I find the gallery very helpful though.

Tiggy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ID please if possible   ID please if possible Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ID please if possible
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mammillaria Society Forum :: MAIN SECTION :: Identification-
Jump to: