HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ID please if possible

Go down 
AuthorMessage
tiggy

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2013-02-21

ID please if possible Empty
PostSubject: ID please if possible   ID please if possible Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 10:53 pm

ID please if possible <a href=I have finally managed to upload an image. Whoopeee!!!:bounce:I have had three different suggestions for this plantbut on checking them out am even more confused than ever. If anyone can help me I would be grateful. Thank you. TiggyID please if possible First_11first_10.jpg" />
Back to top Go down
delandmo

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2011-06-05

PostSubject: Re: ID please if possible   ID please if possible Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 11:44 pm

Hi Tiggy,

Looks like Mammillaria microhelia.
Back to top Go down
tiggy

PostSubject: Re: ID please if possible   ID please if possible Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 10:02 am

Hi Dlandmo, Thank you for your quick response. I did try uploading two shots of the plant to give a better view, but somehow I could only get one to load. Need to study this uploading a bit more. Here's the other shot just to confirm-

ID please if possible First_12

Tiggy
Back to top Go down
Anthony 1

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2011-03-13

PostSubject: ID please if possible    ID please if possible Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 10:24 am

Hi Tiggy
Yes, M.microhelia it is, although the illustration in John Pilbeams' book does not have the redd'ish stripe on the petals that yours has.

Lovely specimen by the way

Anthony 1
Back to top Go down
delandmo

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2011-06-05

PostSubject: Re: ID please if possible   ID please if possible Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 11:17 am

Hi Tiggy,

M. Microhelia has a flower colour ranging from anything from white, yellow,green through to shades of red. So no concern with your  plants flower colour. It is a member of the Elongata group, which takes it's name from m. elongata and has similar variations of colour in cultivation.
Back to top Go down
tiggy

PostSubject: Re: ID please if possible   ID please if possible Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 8:24 pm

Tank you Anthony, I wish I could afford one of John Philbeam's books, it would be a great help. Sad One day maybe Rolling Eyes. At the moment I am trying to save up for a greenhouse.

Delandmo- Thank you once again for the information, I find it very helpful. I now have some more that need Id's, but will do a few at a time. For some I have been given conflicting Id's and on checking it is sometimes very difficult to be 100% sure which is right.
I must say I find the gallery very helpful though.

Tiggy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ID please if possible   ID please if possible Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ID please if possible
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mammillaria Forum :: MAIN SECTION :: Identification-
Jump to: