HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Confirmation Mammillaria gemnispina from Tolantongo, Hidalgo

Go down 
AuthorMessage
dada71

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2012-07-17

Confirmation Mammillaria gemnispina from Tolantongo, Hidalgo Empty
PostSubject: Confirmation Mammillaria gemnispina from Tolantongo, Hidalgo   Confirmation Mammillaria gemnispina from Tolantongo, Hidalgo Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 9:13 pm

Hello everybody !

Near Ixmiquilpan in the Mexican state of Hidalgo, there's a place called Tlantongo. Well this is well known because of its thermal sources and a lot toursiticalas well, but the vallee is very very nice and if you have one entire day this must be really nice to make a trip walking with a backpack to escape a little bit from the tursitical river and discover a totally untouched and prserved landscape.

I didn't have time to do it that's why i want at least someone to enjoy my idea for me !

Well, i posted coz i saw a nice Mammillaria over there, often making big clumps on the cliffs.

Is that Mammillaria gemnispina ? And if yes is that the ssp leucocentra or ssp geminispina in yur opinion ?
... sorry for the bad quality of the pics...

Confirmation Mammillaria gemnispina from Tolantongo, Hidalgo 8705981002105

Confirmation Mammillaria gemnispina from Tolantongo, Hidalgo 5472651002105Copie

Confirmation Mammillaria gemnispina from Tolantongo, Hidalgo 4238151002105Copie2

i also wanted to post a "landscape view" of the place so that you can ejoy better.

Confirmation Mammillaria gemnispina from Tolantongo, Hidalgo 695325pano3

see you !
Damien
Back to top Go down
woltertenhoeve

Number of posts : 270
Registration date : 2009-10-01

Confirmation Mammillaria gemnispina from Tolantongo, Hidalgo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confirmation Mammillaria gemnispina from Tolantongo, Hidalgo   Confirmation Mammillaria gemnispina from Tolantongo, Hidalgo Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 10:12 pm

Your plant is probably a somewhat shorter spined form of M. geminispina. Reppenhagen writes about M. geminispina: 'The species is widely spread over the canyon system of Metztitlán and Tolantongo'. His Repp 1688 is from the Barranca de Tolantongo.
Attached are a few photos from plants which I found in the Barranca de Tolimán (running northwest of Zimapán to the Rio Moctezuma; a great and adventurous trip to drive from San Joaquin, first steeply downhill on a paved road to the Rio Moctezuma, then through the 'dry' river bed of the Barranca de Tolimán and then on a very steep unpaved road to Zimapán; only in the dry season!).

Wolter ten Hoeve.

Confirmation Mammillaria gemnispina from Tolantongo, Hidalgo Img_5611

Confirmation Mammillaria gemnispina from Tolantongo, Hidalgo Img_5612
Back to top Go down

Confirmation Mammillaria gemnispina from Tolantongo, Hidalgo
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mammillaria Forum :: MAIN SECTION :: Identification-
Jump to: