Mammillaria Society Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mammillaria Society Forum

Discussion Forum about Mammillaria, Coryphantha and Escobaria

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is this Mammillaria polythene ?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Is this Mammillaria polythene ? Empty
PostSubject: Is this Mammillaria polythene ?   Is this Mammillaria polythene ? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 1:13 pm

I always thought that this is m.polythene however is it ?

Andreas

Is this Mammillaria polythene ? Mammil26

Is this Mammillaria polythene ? Mammil27
Back to top Go down
Chris43
Chris43

Number of posts : 1872
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Is this Mammillaria polythene ?   Is this Mammillaria polythene ? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 4:08 pm

It is possible that it is the form called nudum.

Its interesting though, that from what I can see, it flowers sometimes from different places on the plant. I think that I can see some old flowers that appear to have flowered from about halfway between areole and where the axil should be at the bottom of the tubercle, but it might be me mistaking where the areole is because of the wool.

As this form is a monstrose form of the species anyway, I wouldn't be surprised that it has some other peculiarities!

PostSubject: Re: Is this Mammillaria polythene ?   Is this Mammillaria polythene ? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 11:06 am

Yes it looks lke variety nudum. What is the difference between polythele and polythele nudum ?

Andreas
Back to top Go down
Chris43
Chris43

Number of posts : 1872
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Is this Mammillaria polythene ?   Is this Mammillaria polythene ? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 11:40 am

Take a look at Maurillio's Gallery and at the various photos of M. polythele shown here - M. polythele

The difference is that M. polythele has proper spines and a properly developed structure.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this Mammillaria polythene ?   Is this Mammillaria polythene ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is this Mammillaria polythene ?
Page 1 of 1