Mammillaria Society Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mammillaria Society Forum

Discussion Forum about Mammillaria, Coryphantha and Escobaria

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mammillaria morganiana

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jfabiao

jfabiao

Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2010-05-25

Mammillaria morganiana Empty
PostSubject: Mammillaria morganiana   Mammillaria morganiana Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 9:37 am

I have a soft spot for dichotomous-dividing species, but I am having trouble finding this one. Is there someone out there who grows this plant and has some seed to spare? Maybe swap for some other seed, Mammillaria or otherwise? And while we're at it, seed of any form of M. crucigera other than L065 would be very welcome, too.

PM or mail at jlfab [at] hotmail.com if interested, please.

Thank you
Back to top Go down
http://jardineiroazelha.blogspot.com/
delandmo

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Mammillaria morganiana   Mammillaria morganiana Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 11:29 am

I too like dichotomously dividing plants and have also noted that M. Morganiana can make an impressive clump. I look around various marts or shows for any small seedlings to no avail. I wonder if any of our ardent seed sowers here in the UK may have sown this plant and have some spare. I would be interested. Thanks Derek.
Back to top Go down
Chris43
Chris43

Number of posts : 1872
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Mammillaria morganiana   Mammillaria morganiana Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 10:33 am

I acquired a couple of small plants from Rogozinski when I visted his nursery in 2008. He doesn't do mail order though and has no internet presence, so you have to be there.

I have another small plant which I had from Mark (Tam here on the forum), but I don;t think he has any left now. It was a ML collection, so I would expect the seed came from Rowlands, now closed sadly.

One of my plants flowered last year, but it doesn't appear to have set seed, at least not yet. If it does, I'll let you know!

delandmo

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Mammillaria morganiana   Mammillaria morganiana Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 11:00 am

Thanks Chris, Tam would have been my next choice, when hopefully ordering from his 2012 Mammillaria seedling list and check whether he has any spare. I trust we will have a 2012 list Tam !
Back to top Go down
jfabiao

jfabiao

Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2010-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Mammillaria morganiana   Mammillaria morganiana Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 7:23 pm

Thank you, Chris. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://jardineiroazelha.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mammillaria morganiana   Mammillaria morganiana Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mammillaria morganiana
Page 1 of 1