Mammillaria Forum

Discussion Forum about Mammillaria, Coryphantha and Escobaria

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

M. echinocephala and M. rodolfiana...exist???

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Victor Vargas

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: M. echinocephala and M. rodolfiana...exist???   Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:49 am

I have read in several articles that exist in the northeastern region of Mexico the taxon M. rodolfiana (Martinez-Avalos, J. G.) and M. echinocephala (Reppenhagen)....somebody know something around this????????.....(sorry for my english it's very bad)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chris43

Number of posts : 1627
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: M. echinocephala and M. rodolfiana...exist???   Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:28 am

Mammillaria echinocephala is not mentioned in Reppenhagen's 2 volume Die Gattung Mammillaria. I did find a photo of it on the web, http://www.piantespinose.it/photo%20collezione%20privata/MAMMILLARIA%20ECHINOCEPHALA.jpg. But it doesn;t look amazingingly new to me, something from the M. formosa group probably.

What articles have you seen? J. Martinez-Avalos is from Tamaulipas, and I know him from his identification of M. giselae, which is named after his wife. But I haven't seen any references to this new name yet. He also has named Mammillaria cielensis from a collection in Tamaulipas, though many people think that it is just a form of M. zublerae.

Victor Vargas

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: M. echinocephala and M. rodolfiana...exist???   Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:03 pm

Ok...M. rodolfiana is cited by Mtz-Avalos under his authorship in his master's grade thesis of 98...with out more information (the year of his authorship not mentioned in his thesis) he mentions in the same way in his thesis to M. echinocephala but under the authorship of Reppenhagen also without cited the year....in regard to the latter species i think that maybe a orthografic error of M. chionocephala...

im in this moment working with a review of the family Cactaceae in Coahuila, Nuevo Leon and Tamaulipas in cabinet and camp

Thanks for the help!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chris43

Number of posts : 1627
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: M. echinocephala and M. rodolfiana...exist???   Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:03 pm

OK, so probably another old name then, though I haven't seen it anywhere.

I'm hoping to get to NL, Tam, Coah, Gto, Qro and Hgo in April next year, so if you do get any more information on what they are, please do let me know.

oapk1

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-05-02

PostSubject: Re: M. echinocephala and M. rodolfiana...exist???   Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:16 pm

Chris

I'm hoping to get to NL, Tam, Coah, Gto, Qro , Hgo etc. in March-April next year,unfortunately this name is not in our
itinerary.

Juraj
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: M. echinocephala and M. rodolfiana...exist???   

Back to top Go down

M. echinocephala and M. rodolfiana...exist???
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1