Mammillaria Society Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mammillaria Society Forum

Discussion Forum about Mammillaria, Coryphantha and Escobaria

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

M.sonorensis GF1599

Go down 
AuthorMessage

M.sonorensis GF1599 Empty
PostSubject: M.sonorensis GF1599   M.sonorensis GF1599 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 10:06 am

In the Editorial of the latest UK Mammillaria Society Journal, May 2011 ( Vol 51, No 2 ) Mr Bill Maddams mentions a plant of M.sonorensis from San Pedro, Sonora which appeared on an old Bill Greenaway plant sales list.
He recounts that this is the same plant that he receieved has an offset, vegetatively propagted from a wild collected plant from Bob Foster in 1968 but without a field number. It transpires that this plant does indeed carry the field number GF ( Glass and Foster ) 1599.

The reason for my post here is because I obtained this plant from Bill Greenaway a few years ago and have been propagating and distributing rooted offsets to some members of this forum. It freely produces offsets but has never flowered for me.

So if you have received from me, in the last few years, a plants of M.sonorensis (H) San Pedro, Sonora, you can now add = GF 1599

M.sonorensis GF1599 M_sono10
Back to top Go down

M.sonorensis GF1599
Page 1 of 1