Mammillaria Society Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mammillaria Society Forum

Discussion Forum about Mammillaria, Coryphantha and Escobaria

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

AfM memebership renewal.

Go down 
AuthorMessage

AfM memebership renewal. Empty
PostSubject: AfM memebership renewal.   AfM memebership renewal. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 11:06 am

Could anyone please tell me what the situtation regarding the renewal of the AfM memebership is this year.
In the past I have always had a separate form a few weeks after the first journal of the year to renew the subs but nothing this year.
My German is very poor so I am not sure if there was anything in the Journal itself.

Thanks, Mark.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AfM memebership renewal.   AfM memebership renewal. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 1:25 pm

Hi Mark,

there are no further informations in the Journals 4/2010 or in 1/2011. Did you already received the first issue from this year ?

On the webside of the AfM they say members have to pay the yearly amount until end of january. You can do this with PayPal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AfM memebership renewal.   AfM memebership renewal. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 1:45 pm

Hi Robert,

Yes, I have already had the first issue of this year and has I said above, in the past the renewal form would usually arrive a few weeks later.

I do not like using PayPal, I have had problems with this method of payment in the past, so will put the funds into the post.

I take it that the subs are still 33 euros.

Thanks, Mark
Back to top Go down
woltertenhoeve

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: AfM memebership renewal.   AfM memebership renewal. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 4:38 pm

I just returned from the AfM meeting in Burgstädt, about 100 km south of Leipzig. This was the so-called JHV (Jahreshauptversammlung).
Because there have been some changes in the editorial team and in the journal, it has taken a while before everything worked as it should. For that reason, the first issue of 2010 arrived later than usually. Other things have also been a bit slow, but I expect that in the second half of the year everything will be on schedule. I expect that the payment request will be included with the second issue of the German journal, if not, then I will pay the same amount as last year.
The contents of the second issue of the journal is already complete, and the largest part of the third issue is also ready.
If anyone subscribes to the loose-leaf collection (I do): There will not be an issue this year, because Thomas Linzen has been too busy with his work to do anything with regard to the loose-leaf collection, the Lose Blatt Sammlung.
By the way, Grzegorz Matuszewski has just published a new book on the genus Thelocactus. About 280 pages and 245 photos of excellent quality. He was at the AfM meeting and sold the book there for € 25,-. I bought a copy and the book is well worth the money. One disadvantage for you Englishman: The text is in Polish! But for those who can read German: the German text is on the same page.
Grzegorz also showed very nice photos of his latest trip through Mexico. Although I did not understand what he said, someone else translated him.

Wolter ten Hoeve.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AfM memebership renewal.   AfM memebership renewal. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 10:05 am

Thanks for the information Wolter.
I am sure it is very helpful to many memebers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AfM memebership renewal.   AfM memebership renewal. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 7:32 am

I paid (33 euro) with the Bank (IBAN-nummer) and hope it comes good. Cool
Back to top Go down
woltertenhoeve

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: AfM memebership renewal.   AfM memebership renewal. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 8:26 pm

I contacted Inge Mischorr, the treasurer of the German Mammillaria Society. She responded that the invoice will be included with the second issue of the journal. Membership fee for 2011 and 2012 will be 33 euros.

Wolter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AfM memebership renewal.   AfM memebership renewal. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AfM memebership renewal.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mammillaria Society Forum :: MAIN SECTION :: General Questions-
Jump to: